Egypt

40 Signins

454 Page Views

• Views: 454
  • Message 1 of 4

Whatsapp Freezes and causes phone to restart

2018-12-14, 20:38 PM

Hello everyone,
my phone is Lenovo Vibe Shot Z90a40, Android version 6.0.1, WhatsApp Messenger Version 2.18.361
i also have Malwarebytes Premium which did not detect anything.

i've been experiencing a very faustrating freezes and system restart over the last month, it happens AT LEAST once a day, sometimes 2 to 3 times a day depends on how frequent i use whatsApp, i updated the app several times during that period of time so i had the same issue with different app versions
WhatsApp freeze while i'm using it ( opening a chat room) then it causes the phone to automatically restarts.

i used the following methods nothing helped:
1- force stop
2- cleared catch, then force stop
3- updated the app
4- uninstall and install the app, it was a work around for only a week or so then it started freezing again
5- deleted all the sent media files

NOTHING seems to work and it's divring me mad now! 
PLEASE HELP! 

Solved! See the solution
Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Whatsapp Freezes and causes phone to restart

2018-12-14, 21:40 PM

Hi NadaFathi

Thanks for reaching out. Are you power cycling your device periodically? It is a good practice to restart the device periodically (at least every 48 hours) to clear out buffers and memory that may lead to intermittent issues. When the internal memory of the phone is full or close to full, you may experience a sluggish user interface, latency when switching menus, or in some cases the display freezing or reboot. Check to see how much internal memory is available on the device: Settings > Storage.

Check if your issue is happening in Safe Mode. Long press on Shutdown or Reboot, you will be prompted asking if you want to reboot to safe mode. After the phone starts up, “Safe mode” displays on the bottom left meaning safe mode is entered. After this, observe the phone within the day. Once done observing the phone, restart to auto exit safe mode.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

Options

21 Posts

04-30-2017

Egypt

40 Signins

454 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-12-14, 21:50 PM

I don't have a SAFE MODE in my phone only a open and secure zone 

Options

21 Posts

04-30-2017

Egypt

40 Signins

454 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-06-02, 21:15 PM

So as usual i solve my own problems by myself lol!

i will just leave this here so if any miserable soul have been trapped in the same situation.

i had been chosen the Whatsapp Widget 4x2, for some reason that what caused the crashes and freezes and system restart, it has a view screen for the messages so it over lapped with the new messages notifications i guess,

bottom line if you're facing this issue just remove that widget or any other ones concerning whatsapp .

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms