Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

08-24-2014

India

19 Signins

257 Page Views

• Views: 257
  • Message 1 of 3

Wide Touch

2014-09-20, 15:53 PM

Screenshot_2014-09-20-21-11-47.jpeg

I deleted all the possible slots from "Wide Touch" feature of Lenovo ROMs and because of that I got this.

Now, I am unable to set these two slots, becasue as far as I remember, these were allocated to Wide Touch application's functinonal settings, like preferences for Wide Touch.

I have looked everywhere in the files, but couldn't find any files regarding this. I can't even reset the app to clear all the mis configuration.

Neither I am not interested in rooting nor Factory reset the phone. What I am thinking is that there must be an updated APK of it on any other model, so that by installing that file, I might be able to have control back.

BTW, the app is a real charm to use, so sad that it is still buggy.

Options

1585 Posts

01-24-2014

Bucharest Romania

1911 Signins

54541 Page Views

• Views: 54541
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Wide Touch

2014-09-20, 20:50 PM

Hi 

Have you tried to reset app preferences? Settings>Apps>Settings>Reset app preferences.

You can download a firmware containing the app and extract it (the app is also on your phone,unfortunately you need root access to get to it).....But keep in mind that Wide Touch is installed as a system app! Simply reinstalling it as a .APK (if you are able to do that!) may cause the app to misbehave or force stop.

If resting the apk preferences dosen't work I would give factory reset a chance(backup your system first)

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Options

16 Posts

08-24-2014

India

19 Signins

257 Page Views

• Views: 257
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Wide Touch

2014-09-21, 3:12 AM

Reset app preferences just enables all the apps again which you kept in disabled mode.

I did that with Vibe UI 2.0 ROM for P780 and extracted the Wide Touch app (v2.5).

I installed, but nothing happened, it shows that it is installed, but when I use, there os no difference. After a while the app automatically reverts to Wide Touch v2.1

I know Factory reset will solve the issue, but thats a hell of a task im not interested to do.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms