Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK and Vibe Z Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

09-01-2016

India

54 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 1 of 14

lenovo Vibe K5 Note Battery drain and GPS issue

2016-09-01, 20:01 PM

Hi All ,

I have got my K5 note 5 days back , I am in love with the device already I really dont want to give it back unless it is faulty by hardware .

I will like to know how many are facing this issue.

First thing first my GPS acurracy has a auto transport ability even in the open space and in still position it jumps like a drunk monkey and when ever i rotatet the device the direction of the map doesnt change like it is always pointing to one direction irepetive of my movement.

Second thing my battery started acting weird two days back, I kept it for charging after 3 hours it is still 80 % and drianed very fast in usage . Later on i am able to charge it to 100% but back up is only 16-17hrs standby and 4-5hrs screen time.

I will like to know if this is the scenerio for all of you .

I am on 4g network and Lenova stock apps not installed any app. 

Options

154 Posts

08-10-2016

Aland Islands

185 Signins

2601 Page Views

• Views: 2601
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: lenovo Vibe K5 Note Battery drain and GPS issue

2016-09-02, 0:39 AM

Dear Mr. Hussain,

True, the location dot on Google maps app is not showing me (read: us) the direction of where we facing as sweet as in the iphone's. Though the compass is able to do it quite nicely! Cosmetics...

Also the battery loading takes quite a while with me too. And I guess the learning curve for guessing the correct percentage ℅ is quite high. But it is normal as I had quite a few devices in my life that showed the same behaviour (other then android).

I suspect the longer you load and unload the more accurate the ℅ will become. I am now a few weeks further and it did change for me! Only the last 2% take a quite bit longer. (I personalty not really mind)

About being drunk, that's not a good thing!  The location on my map is quite stable but surely it takes a bit for the system to pinpoint. I am sure if you are in urban area's it be more quick to pinpoint and stay where it should be.

Furthermore in the route 66 app (which I not like myself) the direction of your phone IS implemented quite nice.

I hope this helps a bit, maybe I forgot something. Again your phone behaves like mine I guess. Vibe K5 note

P.s. the more wifi hotspots and 2g 3g 4g there are in the neighbourhood the quicker it will find your exact position.

The pure GPS part is a bit slower. This is normal as a device needs to find GPS satellites first. This is quite well shown in the gps DIAGNOSTICS of the LENOVO COMPANION app. You will find the same with almost any consumer grade GPS device.

Options

1 Posts

09-05-2016

India

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 3 of 14

2016-09-05, 16:14 PM

I am facing the same what you have observed.

There is some problem with GPS. I have used Moto G for GPS ( google maps) past extensively. Lenovo K5 Note has some real problem with hardware.. the needle jumps like a monkey even if you hold the mobile riding on a motor cycle. I think its cheap hardware used to compensate for lower cost of mobile phone.  

Options

11562 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33038 Signins

1234915 Page Views

• Views: 1234915
  • Message 4 of 14

2016-09-19, 9:15 AM

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

1 Posts

09-28-2016

India

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 5 of 14

2016-09-28, 19:14 PM

Its been around 2 weeks since i started using Lenovo vibe K5 note, I noticed a serious problems with the GPS, the blue dot on the google maps jumps from one location to the other. GPS does not show accurate and stable position. GPS is a basic need and if that itself is failure, just cant use this product any more. I have tested with couple of other phones which shows stable and accurate location. It looks like serious problem with GPS hardware itself.

Options

14 Posts

09-19-2016

India

20 Signins

308 Page Views

• Views: 308
  • Message 6 of 14

2016-09-29, 9:21 AM

I am facing the same issue. I never expected this issue from Lenovo.

I tried reset the device and reinstalling and tried with multiple Google Map version.

The GPS green point is jumping like monkey while using the GPS navigation and and keep on rerouting the route.

We cannot use the GPS with Map at all.

Options

1 Posts

12-08-2016

India

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 7 of 14

2016-12-08, 13:13 PM

I bought a Lenovo K5 Vibe recently and facing the same issue. Overall the phone is great and the sound is out of the world, but the battery issue is really something to be worried about.

Options

9 Posts

12-16-2016

India

11 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 8 of 14

2016-12-17, 13:26 PM
Hello all, Strongly agree I'm also face this battery drain issue. I charge my k5 note vibe, 3 times per day. Very shame, plz be fix this in next android update. While using internet phone drains with in 4 hourse :( One more concerns from my side plz give some themes in theme centre..
Options

1 Posts

01-25-2017

India

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 9 of 14

2017-01-25, 3:13 AM
The GPS tracker is inaccurate and unacceptable. It jumps like a monkey.
I used to love lenovo. But guess it's just the Chinese selling cheap **bleep** to this whole world.
Although xiaomi is far better.

Options

1 Posts

02-20-2017

India

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 10 of 14

Re: lenovo Vibe K5 Note Battery drain and hanging issue

2017-02-20, 15:08 PM

My K5 note is having some serious hanging issues and battery drains for almost 1% per minute.This battery and hanging problem is new from past 3 days.tried everything deleted all games heavy apps .

Help me or I have to switch back to Xiaomi.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms