Options

1 Posts

05-27-2020

Germany

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

z5s suddenly wiped operating system and won't start setup past "Copy apps & data"

2020-05-27, 20:29 PM

My Lenovo z5s was working fine until it suddenly turned off the screen and closed all my apps. Upon turning the screen back on it got into a loop of turning the screen back off and closing all apps after about 5 seconds. I didn't matter what I did, the screen would turn off and terminate everything after about 5 seconds. So I reset the phone and it threw me into the initial phone setup where I could choose a language, connect to a wireless network and copy existing files, except it won't copy anything. After a few seconds of "Checking info.." I get a window saying "Settings keeps stopping" and asks me if I want to close the app.

A factory reset from the recovery menu is not an option, as I only get three buttons: Reset, Install Update and Turn Off

There has been no SD memory card installed and the unit was kept stock, no mods! And there have been no accidents or damage to the unit. It is only 6 weeks old and doesn't have a scratch!

Any help would be greatly appreciated since the Allianz Global Warranty service has thus far refused my warranty claim and continues to be less than forthcoming in any regard.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms