Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginzon
Punch Card
Views: 547
Message 1 of 21

Bootloop after November 2018 OTA update - Lenovo K8 Note

Hi,

I am facing bootloop issues with Lenovo K8 Note after updating to the November patch, not getting past Lenovo Powered by Android screen.

I once was able to get into recovery and tried to reset, but even after doing so nothing is working.

I'm now not even able to boot to recovery.

Any assitance will be of great help..

Tip: You need better testing team Lenovo...

Suneel129
Punch Card
Views: 495
Message 2 of 21

Re: Bootloop after November 2018 OTA update - Lenovo K8 Note

Yeah

Even I am facing the same problem. I can't use my phone now. Even the service centre people can't do anything with it.

They said it is a software issue.
Lenovo please fix this asap

ginzon
Punch Card
Views: 453
Message 3 of 21

How are they gonna fix via update? Phone is in bootloop.. How long, it's almost 3weeks I suppose...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 437
Message 4 of 21

Hi guys,

This is unexpected after an update. Do you have an SD card installed on your phones? If you have one, kindly remove it and test to see if it will continue bootlooping.

Regards,
JM
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Kousik3
Punch Card
Views: 427
Message 5 of 21

Dear Lenovo/Moto agents,

Will you please share your comments on one humble query?

How you yourself get such enthusiasm and motivation for suggesting same kind of thing to everyone every day? You know it better than us (Lenovo K8 series customers) that everything you are suggesting is vague, as the real problem is the faulty update given by the company.

Do you not get bored and frustrated in telling lies every day? You call yourself as no-one of Lenovo/Moto Company, then what is your point of interest?

P.S.: I know definitely anyone of you will certainly delete this post showing the clause of community rules violation. But please write something as answer if you have any guts...

___3dzaid___
What's DOS?
Views: 417
Message 6 of 21

I have not get even may 2018 update my device is not receiving any updates it is stuck on February 5 2018 patch

ginzon
Punch Card
Views: 389
Message 7 of 21

Hello..

I have taken out SIM cards and SD card..
Doesn't make a difference...

Did a reset after that, somehow.. Still the same.. 1 out of 30 attempts I get in the recovery if lucky..

And I did PM you with the thread link and not the qestion, as none of the agent guys are responding even if the post has been lying here for days...

ginzon
Punch Card
Views: 388
Message 8 of 21

___3dzaid___ You are lucky, it's in working condition unlike us...

Kousik3
Punch Card
Views: 368
Message 9 of 21

Dear Lenovo/Moto agents,

I will be highly grateful if you kindly share one secret information: "How to get the job of a Lenovo agent?"

I have found this one is the easiest job in the world where no need of knowing anything or doing nothing but texting some stereo type suggestions in an auto denial mode. I’m highly keen to get such a job.

Please reply this one at least….

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 321
Message 10 of 21

@ginzon wrote:

Hello..

I have taken out SIM cards and SD card..
Doesn't make a difference...

Did a reset after that, somehow.. Still the same.. 1 out of 30 attempts I get in the recovery if lucky..

And I did PM you with the thread link and not the qestion, as none of the agent guys are responding even if the post has been lying here for days...

If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair is next step. Please contact our local service center for further assistance. The full list of Lenovo Service Provider (filter it by country, city, service provider name) can be found here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht118678

Regards,
JM
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors