Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prateek1109
Paper Tape
Views: 851
Message 1 of 11

Issue on latest update of K8 note

My phone can't install the latest update i.e. OMB27.43-70. I am able to download the update but when I click to install, phone restarts and a pop up come and it says, " There is an internal problem I your device. It may be unstable untill you factory data reset." After clicking the 'Ok' button on pop, phone again restarts with a dead Android photo with showing error. Then I restart the phone, phone get restarted, but ALL DATA OF MY DOWNLOADED APPS GET WIPED UP. ALL MY ACCOUNT, APPS DATA, MESSAGES, CHATS ALL GET WIPED OUT. It looks like I am using phone in factory mode. Please help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 776
Message 2 of 11

Re: Issue on latest update of K8 note

Hello Prateek1109,

Thanks for posting, sorry to learn about that. This is odd. We would like to learn more about this. May I know if you have performed Factory Reset already? Could you post a screenshot of your device? What happens when you try to reboot? Are you still receiving the update notification or is it update already?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Do let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

Prateek1109
Paper Tape
Views: 739
Message 3 of 11

1) This is not odd. The same problem has happened one more time when there was an update in Oct or Nov of 2018. I don't remember so precisely but it had happened one more time.

2)No, I have not performed factory data reset.

3)Here are some screenshots

Screenshot_20190416-192959.pngScreenshot_20190416-193016.pngSee wallpaper is set to default

4) When I reboot phone starts in factory mode with all data cleared.

5) Yes, I am still receiving the update notification.

One, more major issue I found today is, the messaging app has stopped to work. I can't send or receive SMS.

Screenshot (Apr 16, 2019 7_41_24 PM).png

Please solve this issue asap

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 638
Message 4 of 11

Hey Prateek1109,

Thanks for trying. Our best bet would be to have your device perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and observe. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 532
Message 5 of 11

Hey Prateek1109,

Thanks for trying. Our best bet would be to have your device perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and observe. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

Hi Prateek1109,

Are you still having trouble with updating your device? Have you tried Factory Reset without restore? However, please be advised that we are investigating this further and we would like to have a screenshot of the error message that pop's up while you click on update?

As you have mentiopned here: There is an internal problem I your device. It may be unstable untill you factory data reset." After clicking the 'Ok' button on pop, phone again restarts with a dead Android photo with showing error. - Please take a picture or screenshot and share with us for further investigation. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

marezbaan
What's DOS?
Views: 527
Message 6 of 11

Dear Agent_Swaraj,

Is the OMB27.43-70 stable to download yet or not?
I have been getting reminders to download and install since almost 15 days but am not sure if i should update the same or not.

The last major update led me phone to become unstable and had to be factory reset after receiving the update, i would prefer to avoid the same this time around, kindly advise.

Best Regards,

Marezbaan

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 489
Message 7 of 11

@marezbaan wrote:

Dear Agent_Swaraj,

Is the OMB27.43-70 stable to download yet or not?
I have been getting reminders to download and install since almost 15 days but am not sure if i should update the same or not.

The last major update led me phone to become unstable and had to be factory reset after receiving the update, i would prefer to avoid the same this time around, kindly advise.

Best Regards,

Marezbaan

Hi marezbaan,

Thanks for posting, please be informed that we always recommend upgrading your Device Software up to date. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Prateek1109
Paper Tape
Views: 472
Message 8 of 11

Sorry for the late reply.

So as you said that I should do factory data reset, so I did.

Before doing factory data reset, I knew all my data will be deleted, so I took my sd card from the phone which was mounted as something like an internal sd card. 

So, after removing the sd card, I did factory data reset, downloaded the new version and this time it worked.

So my phone got updated without any issue. 

But when I reinserted my sd card, it didn't work. The phone displayed a message that I have to format the sd card to use. But I can't format it. There are many important data in sd card. When I inserted the sd card in the laptop( which is also of Lenovo ) to copy the data. Then also it displayed the message to format.

So in nutshell:-

1) After factory data reset, the phone was able to update.

2) All my data is stuck in the sd card. ( I have not formatted sd card till now).

So now please help me to restore my data which is in my sd card.

Thanks

marezbaan
What's DOS?
Views: 327
Message 9 of 11

Dear Agent_Swaraj,

Thank you for recommending that I upgrade my Device Software so that it is up to date.

I have no doubt that upgrading is the only way forward but as i mentioned last time, the last major update led me phone to become unstable and it had to be factory reset after I had upgraded it, i would prefer to avoid the same this time around.

I hence would like to know if the update is stable so that I DO NOT HAVE TO FACTORY RESET MY PHONE.

Best Regards,

Marezbaan

marezbaan
What's DOS?
Views: 250
Message 10 of 11

Dear @Agent_Swaraj,

Thank you for recommending that I upgrade my Device Software so that it is up to date.

I have no doubt that upgrading is the only way forward but as i mentioned last time, the last major update led me phone to become unstable and it had to be factory reset after I had upgraded it, i would prefer to avoid the same this time around.

I hence would like to know if the update is stable so that I DO NOT HAVE TO FACTORY RESET MY PHONE.

Best Regards,

Marezbaan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals