cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K8CUSTOMER
Paper Tape
Views: 9,174
Message 1 of 21

K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue.... Very high and Lenovo is simply making customer responsible for

My K8 Note suddenly got hang on 10/11/2018. When i switched it off but when I tried to switch On, The Home Screen was not going beyond Lenove Home page. On 10th evening I tried all possible resolution as per the online guideline from Lenovo. But could not succeed. Next day on 11/11/2018, I took it to M/s Cellular World, the nearest Lenovo Authorised Service Centre  at Borivali-Mumbai. Upon inspection, they declared that Motherboard is the not working and Motherboard needs to be replaced. Since the Warranty period is by 10 hrs, the case could not be entertained under warranty. There is no other issue at all. Then I escalated the matter to higher up in Lenovo/Motorala Comapany. I was advised to bring the hand set again to service center for a thorough investigation. 

On 13th Nov'18 I once again handed over my handset to the same service center. But to my utter surprise, they immidiately declared that the Handset is bend and whatever repairing will be on payment basis. They have not repeated about Warranty this time.

However after some rethinking I agreed to their proposal of 50% discounted proposal as I don't want to carry it further. But I have made it clear for several time over phone and through mail also that THE BEND need to be corrected along with replacement of Motherboard as that was the only issue for failure of Motherboard as pointed by Lenove service team

When I went to take the delivery of handset, observed that the Handset is still having the BEND. Now they are confirming that the BEND will not have any issue with Motherboard. I simply could not understand the logic. When I insisted to replace the Handset body or correct the alignment, I was again asked to make payment of 4k for the Body. This is really ridiculous. 

Now as of now I have left my handset at the Service Center only. Not taken the delivery. 

In the meantime I have wrote several emails to Mr Rahul Agarwal but to my utter surprise there is not single reply from his side. 

Prakash938Kumar
Paper Tape
Views: 8,895
Message 2 of 21

Re: K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue.... Very high and Lenovo is simply making customer responsible

Hi, I am having mobile lost issue kindly provide a way how to track my lenovo K8 plus
arjundixit48a
SCSI Port
Views: 8,857
Message 3 of 21

Re: K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue.... Very high and Lenovo is simply making customer responsible

LENOVO SERVICE CENTRE EMPLOYEES ARE RIDICULOUS AND SEE CUSTOMER AS "GOLDEN EGG HATCHING HEN". MOREOVER, LENOVO AGENTS HERE IN THIS FORUM ARE DEAF, DUMB AND BLIND. THEY DON'T REPLY. AND WHEN REPLY THEN TOO AS A RECORDED TELEROBOT. 

K8CUSTOMER
Paper Tape
Views: 8,845
Message 4 of 21

You are absolutely right. That starts from the Top Boss from Mr Yuanqing Yang to Mr Ken Wong to Mr Rahul Agarwal to his their India Team. It seems all have one Corporate Vision, Cheat Customer and make the customer pay even if it is their Product Issue. Let's start a #LenovoInCheatingCustomer. My handle is @PradeepSingh19k. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,824
Message 5 of 21

@K8CUSTOMER wrote:

My K8 Note suddenly got hang on 10/11/2018. When i switched it off but when I tried to switch On, The Home Screen was not going beyond Lenove Home page. On 10th evening I tried all possible resolution as per the online guideline from Lenovo. But could not succeed. Next day on 11/11/2018, I took it to M/s Cellular World, the nearest Lenovo Authorised Service Centre  at Borivali-Mumbai. Upon inspection, they declared that Motherboard is the not working and Motherboard needs to be replaced. Since the Warranty period is by 10 hrs, the case could not be entertained under warranty. There is no other issue at all. Then I escalated the matter to higher up in Lenovo/Motorala Comapany. I was advised to bring the hand set again to service center for a thorough investigation. 

On 13th Nov'18 I once again handed over my handset to the same service center. But to my utter surprise, they immidiately declared that the Handset is bend and whatever repairing will be on payment basis. They have not repeated about Warranty this time.

However after some rethinking I agreed to their proposal of 50% discounted proposal as I don't want to carry it further. But I have made it clear for several time over phone and through mail also that THE BEND need to be corrected along with replacement of Motherboard as that was the only issue for failure of Motherboard as pointed by Lenove service team

When I went to take the delivery of handset, observed that the Handset is still having the BEND. Now they are confirming that the BEND will not have any issue with Motherboard. I simply could not understand the logic. When I insisted to replace the Handset body or correct the alignment, I was again asked to make payment of 4k for the Body. This is really ridiculous. 

Now as of now I have left my handset at the Service Center only. Not taken the delivery. 

In the meantime I have wrote several emails to Mr Rahul Agarwal but to my utter surprise there is not single reply from his side. 

Hi K8CUSTOMER,

Greeting from Lenovo,

As per Service records, we understand your concern. Our team has provided with the best possible resolution. If there is any other issue that needs to be addressed, please let us know. We're here to help!

Here is the Reference number: 181111-007680 

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

K8CUSTOMER
Paper Tape
Views: 8,800
Message 6 of 21

Dear Mr Nikh

I am sorry you don't understand my concern. Is it resolution by giving some discounts??? when on 1st inspection your team asked me to pay for the repair as the set is out of warranty for 10 hrs and on insisting to consider under warranty, your team pointed out the handset body is physically bend on 2nd inspection that's why it will be under chargable basis. If that is so then why your team didn't ask me to replace the body along with the Motherboard if that is the Root Cause of motherboard failure. I am sorry LENOVO's ethic is the main problem. If you don't knowledge your shortcomings and act accordingly to resolve it, then the days are counted. If you want to genuinely address the solution then ask someone to talk to me who is in a position to take decision directly.  

Arafat92
Paper Tape
Views: 8,164
Message 7 of 21

Seriously lenovo India had some serious issue with their customers. My k8 Note suddenly went off and starts again and again. I went to service center and they told me to wait while they diagnoise the device. What they told me is that your mother board need replacement and they asked ₹ 15958 for this. Seriously!!. I bought this around 15 month back for around ₹14000 And they are asking for price more than my device. I have just simple question to lenovo. WHY CHEAT CUSTOMER ????????????????

Highlighted
pravikravi
Paper Tape
Views: 6,926
Message 8 of 21

was a regular lenovo customer, a had bought lenovo a7000 when its launched and later i had shifted to K8 NOTE as soon as it launches. It just passed one year after i bought the phone, just when the warranty is over, the phone is restaring continously, i look after  the phone like a gem, don even had a scratch. When i contacted lenovo support they are asking for an amount upto 10,000 to 13,000. The cost of the phone when i bought, was 14,000. It is regular complaint from all the K8 NOTE customers. All customers have the same issue, so its very clear that this is aproblem from lenovo manufacturing or echnical side. If LENOVO give any value to customers, they need to clear the issue, help he customers. But they says that they cant do anything, customer needs to pay for it because of the very bad design from LENOVO.

Accept the fault an help the customers those who believed in LENOVO products and invested in it. If this is regecting by lenovo, we will not buy any lenovo products from now onwards. We have friends circle, family circle which will always ask us to refer a good product before they buy, we cannot suggest lenovo as this is the case we are facing.

I request you to consider the issue seriously.

pravikravi
Paper Tape
Views: 6,924
Message 9 of 21

was a regular lenovo customer, a had bought lenovo a7000 when its launched and later i had shifted to K8 NOTE as soon as it launches. It just passed one year after i bought the phone, just when the warranty is over, the phone is restaring continously, i look after the phone like a gem, don even had a scratch. When i contacted lenovo support they are asking for an amount upto 10,000 to 13,000. The cost of the phone when i bought, was 14,000. It is regular complaint from all the K8 NOTE customers. All customers have the same issue, so its very clear that this is aproblem from lenovo manufacturing or echnical side. If LENOVO give any value to customers, they need to clear the issue, help he customers. But they says that they cant do anything, customer needs to pay for it because of the very bad design from LENOVO.

Accept the fault an help the customers those who believed in LENOVO products and invested in it. If this is regecting by lenovo, we will not buy any lenovo products from now onwards. We have friends circle, family circle which will always ask us to refer a good product before they buy, we cannot suggest lenovo as this is the case we are facing.

I request you to consider the issue seriously.
pravikravi
Paper Tape
Views: 6,924
Message 10 of 21

Me too, same issue,
They reating customers very badly, Due to their bad design, we need to suffer. All customers having same issue. I think we need to file a case in consumer court regarding he same.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors