cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandeepKumar3
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 11 of 20

Re: K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue.... Very high and Lenovo is simply making customer responsible

My k8 Note suddenly went off and starts again and again after the patch update. I called customer care and they told me to hard reset the phone. After that my phone restarts more than 5 times in a day. I went to service center and they told me that they will update the software. After some time they called me and saying that my phone motherboard has some issue due to which it is restarting. They told that I need to replace the motherboard. Cost of motherboard is around Rs8000/- and new phone cost is Rs9000/-. Lenovo and Motorola is making fool to the customer. I will never suggest anybody to buy Motorola or Lenovo phone.

ajayswam
Paper Tape
Views: 485
Message 12 of 20

Re: K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue.... Very high and Lenovo is simply making customer responsible

Even I Tooo had same issue.....My Lenovo K8 Note purchased in November 2017, has started giving same problem of Re-booting and not switching ON.....when i went to Ghatkopar (West) Service Centre....They checked and said MotherBoard needs to be replaced and which will cost you almost 80% value of new phone.....so better throw this phone and buy new one.....Its rediculous that within 17 months time MotherBoard crashes and its very common in Lenovo Mobile......Please Stop Buying This Phone.....Thank You.

SandeepKumar3
Paper Tape
Views: 450
Message 13 of 20

On Saturday evening I got a call from Lenovo support and they were saying that they will give 20% more discount that is now motherboard cost will be Rs 6400/-. I told them that this is your phone and patch fault so I will not bear this money. 

Requesting all the people who has similar issue raise a complain on the below site. They will not help till the time there higher management will come to know about this problem.

https://consumercomplaints.in/new_complaint/

SDDey
Serial Port
Views: 366
Message 14 of 20

Re: K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue....

A week ago suddenly my phone restarted automatically and stuck on boot menu. ...After restarting few times I have formatted the phone but the same problem ... ..I have visited Lenovo care and the guy said the motherboard is damaged ....and the motherboard MRP is 16000 rupees. ..I have bought the phone in 11999 (4gb, 64gb) how can a motherboard price is so high. ...I have used this phone only 17 months

Mohits1
Paper Tape
Views: 342
Message 15 of 20

Lenovo 8 Note Motherboard Issue....

I was Lenovo fan, i buy K4 note from flash sale was waiting for this since 2 month's.. and finally i got it is really a very amazing Mobile till yet i ever seen.. and I'm still using now.. After purchase k4, i buy k8 Killer note for my Father and its also amazing.. ultra fine...

But after 1 year it's getting suddenly restarting a loop on boot screen.. i take it to the nearest service centre and they keep it fir repair... After 1 day i call so the receptionist told me that our engineers cannot find the problem we sent your mobile to another service centre...

6 days i really frustrated by their excuses finally i talk to the highest rank man.. in lenovo/moto service centre and he told me we got an issue in motherboard and ask me for change it in 15,200₹ where i buy my device 14000₹ before a whole year... I took it back to the home... 

After a day the call me and told me we will change your motherboard in 4,200₹ i was really surprised how it is possible so he told me there is an special offer by lenovo/ moto users who got motherboard issue... 

After it i repaired it they damaged my k8 charging socket.. and rare upper camera... After my ask they reply your mobile was dead and they simply said with repairing customer is responsible for any damage or further issues... So way we resolve our issue in aurthorised service centre else the after marketers give you service better then.. service centre? 

If lenovo didn't nothing no one in india will trust to buy your product... Must think.. 

Everone get cheated or unsatisfied in the whole complaints..

I'm really sorry lenovo but you have the worst service centre... And your product quality getting worst day by day... Lenovo must have to save your trust.. level if u want to.. sell your products in india

Vijaylic
What's DOS?
Views: 234
Message 16 of 20

Sunday 14july  I'm having continue hanging & auto reboot problem in my K8note, today I was visiting service 

Centre in Borivali, but problem not solved my mobile currently out of warranty they said you need  to change motherboard & charges for 8500. This problem start from March month new patch update. This problem from poor qualiy of hardware & Software issue. please solve this problem earliest.

SaiSowmyaY
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 17 of 20

My Lenovo K8 note got hang on 8/8/19 and it didn't switch on again as it remained on the Lenovo screen. This issue occuring from past 15 days but it used to get on but now it's not even switching on. I came to an authorized lenovo service center in Visakhapatnam on 12-8-19. They said the phone is under warranty and the motherboard must be replaced.  Then they showed the bend on the mobile and told warranty cannot be claimed. They said  that the software issue was due to a bug in the update. So how can we bear the consequences? Please resolve this issue as soon as possible.

bljaga_mys
Paper Tape
Views: 95
Message 18 of 20

Same here
bljaga_mys
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 19 of 20

Don't Suggest please.... Lenovo is cheating the customers.
An16082019
What's DOS?
Views: 11
Message 20 of 20

Hi,

I feel disappointed to know that the motherboard issue of the Lenovo K8 is not  so unfrequent.

I was using this phone for the last 2 years and to be frank, I was pretty happy with the way it was performing, until it stopped to go beyond the starting lenovo page last week. It was shown to the service centre and I was suggested to change the board which will cost me about 4K and was  informed that the overall cost  including the service charge will come to 6K.

If this hardware issue is not addressed properly by the manufacturers, it is actually  a total disregard to their customers.

Feels so sorry to be on the receiving end. This technical glitch must be compensated by the company of they have genuine concern about their product and sales, by replacing the faulty handsets for free. It is not the buyer's fault.

regards

Anoop

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors