Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK8 [XT1902] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-14-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 82

Re: K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue

2020-02-14, 10:56 AM

bECAUSE OF COMPANY FAULTY MOTHER BOARD , ALL LENOVO K8 NOTE BUYERS ARE IN BAD PAIN, ALL MONEY LOST

COMPANY ALSO ACTING LIKE KID CURRENT NEW MOBILE VALUE ON AMAZON IS 8000 RUPPES BUT WHEN YOU GO TO AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER THEY ASLO SAY THAT IN THIS PERTICULAR MODEL FAULTY MOTHER BOARD BY COMANY AND TO SOLVE THE ISSUE YOU HAVE TO PUT NEW BOARD WHICH WILL COST YOU 14500/- FOR THE BOARD. ITS TOO FUUNY WHY YOU KNOW ? CURRENT NEW PHONE VALUE IS 8000 , AT THE LAUNCH IT WAS SOME 14000 , AND MRP IS 14999 SO BOARD COST IS 14500/- ISNT IS FUNNY ????

NO RESPONSIBLITY BY COMPANY REGARDING THIS ISSUE ONLY BIG NAME OF COMPANY BUT INSIDE ITS EMPTY NOTHING LIKE QUALITY OR RESPONSIBLITY ONLY LOOT GOING ON.

Options

2 Posts

01-05-2020

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 12 of 82

K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue

2020-03-02, 19:32 PM
Hi, looking for some help on getting my Lenovo K8 Note repaired... The issue started when my phone hung and then after switching it off and restarting it the phone will not go past the boot screen... I did some trouble shooting that was provided via email and at last was told to take my phone to the service center. There i was told that my phone is having a mainboard issue and it will cost Rs. 14000 /- to repair. This not acceptable as the phone cost me Rs. 13000 /-. It is been over 3 months that i am without a phone and facing a lot of problems. Need a solution asap.
Options

2 Posts

01-05-2020

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 13 of 82

Need a response for my K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue

2020-03-02, 19:35 PM
Hi, looking for some help on getting my Lenovo K8 Note repaired... The issue started when my phone hung and then after switching it off and restarting it the phone will not go past the boot screen... I did some trouble shooting that was provided via email and at last was told to take my phone to the service center. There i was told that my phone is having a mainboard issue and it will cost Rs. 14000 /- to repair. This not acceptable as the phone cost me Rs. 13000 /-. It is been over 3 months that i am without a phone and facing a lot of problems. Need a solution asap.
Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 14 of 82

Re:K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue

2020-03-03, 4:31 AM

Hi cliffordblaquie,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for letting us know.

For any repair related queries for Lenovo K8 Smartphones for India, kindly email us at apsocial@motorola.com with the device IMEI and contact number for further assistance.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

02-24-2016

United States of America

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 15 of 82

2020-04-12, 16:00 PM

As detailed above by other customers, My Lenovo K8 note which is just 18 months old suddenly hanged. When I tried restarting phone, screen struck at Lenovo Home starting page. Now phone is not even turning on. I visited service centre, it was informed that they are getting this problem in Lenovo K8 Note regularly and phone's is having motherboard problem which needs to be replaced. 

If this is happening in other  phones also as detailed above by other customers here as well as on Google, You Tube, Lenovo need to look into this and provide a replacement of solution of the problem free of cost. There are sufficient evidence to prove that it is general problem being faced by customer and shall be sufficient to take a legal action.

Lenovo Team, you need to give serious thought about it.

****removed****

Options

1 Posts

05-20-2020

India

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 16 of 82

2020-05-20, 5:39 AM

Dear Support,

I have bought my lenovo k8 note 1.5 year ago and the suddenly got hanged. so, i have powered off and power on back. its not working properly and sometime not even powering on. i have tried all possible solution which they have suggested on the official website.but no luck. so, i have reached authorized contact center nearest on my location. they have been declared my phone mother board has been gone. Could you please help me out for this. really its fed up for me. bought the with high cost. but it wont come long years. don't know what i have to do ?

Please give me some solution for this issue.

IMEI No 1 : Removed

IMEI No 2 : Removed

Edited: for privacy

Answer
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 17 of 82

2020-05-20, 18:27 PM

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the thread.

Please try doing the factory data reset without restoring your back up/third-party apps. It is important to observe this behavior without any files/apps installed on your phone. By doing this, it will help us isolate if this is software related or a hardware failure. 

Factory Data Reset:
Settings > System > Reset options > Factory Reset
*Backup your important files before doing the reset
*Don't restore your backup until observed and have seen improvements

Once done, try calibrating the battery to see if it helps. To calibrate the battery: Hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. 

If you're not experiencing the same, I recommend installing your apps one at a time until you've found out which app is causing an issue. Otherwise, if battery is still failing without any apps/files installed it is recommended to submit the device for service repair. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

06-17-2020

India

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 18 of 82

2020-06-17, 6:41 AM

My Lenovo K8 Note suddenly switched Off. When I tried to turn it On, The Home Screen was not going beyond Lenove Home page. I tried all possible resolution as per the online guideline from Lenovo. But could not succeed. Next day i took it to a the nearest Lenovo Authorised Service Centre  . Upon inspection, they declared that Motherboard is the not working and Motherboard needs to be replaced. There is no other issue at all.  it will cost upto 6000 to 8000.

It in not fair to put this much of price. and also its due to software update which may be not compatible with the hardware of the phone or may be any other things but the problem is not due to me, it automatic turn off and so on.

Please suggest what I do ?

I need a solution and my phone is out of warranty as well

About phone

Name: Lenovo K8 NOTE

Model:XT1902-3

Type: M2CB2

Ram: 4GB

Storage: 64GB

IMEI 1 = removed

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 19 of 82

2020-06-17, 12:11 PM

Hi Sandip_customer,

Motherboard failure is hardware, you can try doing basic troubleshooting as provided on this thread, but it is recommended to submit it for repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

1 Posts

06-18-2020

India

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 20 of 82

2020-06-18, 12:54 PM
Same issue as others have described. It must be shameful on the part of Lenovo . they should have provided the solution to the problem to its service centres on minimum cost or no cost basis. It's very shameful that lenovo sold such a large no. Of phones only to pass the warranty period and then charge hefty repair cost of Rs 9000.00. I was loyal to this brand as I brought 2 nos A6000 , one A7000, a lenovo tab 10 inch, a lenovo laptop etc.. and recommended no. Of persons for this brand. But now I am feeling cheated and dumb as I can not say to same people that they get their motherboard changed for Rs 9K. KI Note such a lovely phone made complete failure by Lenovo. Now I will never recommend any of Lenovo product to anyone. Devastated. If the company has any shame left to its part it must offer the repair or replacement of motherboard at minimum cost to save it's face. Whole lot of people who purchased this model are having this issue. They all feel cheated. Will they not convey their feelings to others? Now repair shop is offering Rs 600 for scrapping it. It's annoying . Rs 14000 item now useless!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms