Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK8 [XT1902] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 51 of 82

Re:K8 Note Motherboard Failure Issue

2020-11-27, 18:20 PM

Hi Ramag,

I understand how you feel. I will be glad to help assist you with this. I'm not just sure about the repair/replacement cost for the motherboard, but I will ask around and try to confirm this. Can you please provide me the job sheet or reference number when you visited the service center? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

12-04-2020

India

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 52 of 82

2020-12-04, 15:14 PM

my LENOVO K8 NOTE was in warranty but they didn't solve my problem and ask for money 7000 to replace its motherboard....
bcoz there is no solution for that (LENOVO K8 NOTE).........

I don't why lenovo is still selling this phone when its problem is not fixed yet....

there is not permanent solution for this model LENOVO K8 NOTE  and company is just trying to fool us.....

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 53 of 82

2020-12-04, 19:19 PM

Hi tech vivek,

I would like to address this. Can you please confirm what are you actually experiencing with the phone that leads to motherboard replacement? And what troubleshooting have you tried? If this is indeed a failure with the MOBO, then we need to repair/replace it. Can you please provide me the job order/reference number so I can further check? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

12-15-2020

India

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 54 of 82

2020-12-15, 11:50 AM

Again am facing the same issue. Its resolved by Bangalore Lenovo Service Center February2020. Mobile booted but getting switched off automatically. I need proper resolution for this. Last time i have spend around 1700 INR for the same.

Mobile : removed

Mail : removed

Edit: Removed private info - Rich

Options

5 Posts

12-15-2020

India

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 55 of 82

2020-12-15, 11:55 AM
I have already communicated regarding the same January2020. If needed let me attach those details. Note : Phone is out of warranty About phone Name: Lenovo K8 NOTE Ram:4GB Storage:64GB
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 56 of 82

2020-12-15, 21:13 PM

Hi Thazhai,

I'd like to assist you. May I know what troubleshooting have you tried so far? I would suggest try troubleshooting it first. I would suggest doing factory data reset without restore. Backup important files/apps, so you won't lose them. Observe if there's improvement. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

2 Posts

12-26-2020

India

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 57 of 82

2020-12-26, 22:44 PM

Same mother board failure issue in my K8 NOTE also. Service centre is saying all K8 having same issue. But I never got an email from company while it was in warranty about the fault in its motherboard to get it replaced?? I was an iPhone user but I began to like android after using this phone for few days unfortunately this restart thing occurred to spoil it. Phone might be out of warranty, but the question here is why company didn’t replace all of its faulty phones on its own? Why shouldn’t we all sue Lenovo for looting it’s customers and giving them a lot of trouble and headache just for buying Lenovo k8 note over all other options available in market? If company had manufacturing defect then all of the k8 notes made during a time frame have had this issue and those all phones were supposed to be replaced by Lenovo but they didn’t. It’s a very big question over the reputation of smartphones company. What did we all do wrong to deserve this punishment for buying a Lenovo phone? What’s your answer??? What’s the company’s stand against this fault?

Options

2 Posts

12-26-2020

India

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 58 of 82

2020-12-26, 22:56 PM

Same mother board failure issue in my K8 NOTE also. Service centre is saying all K8 having same issue. But I never got an email from company while it was in warranty about the fault in its motherboard to get it replaced?? I was an iPhone user but I began to like android after using this phone for few days unfortunately this restart thing occurred to spoil it. Phone might be out of warranty, but the question here is why company didn’t replace all of its faulty phones on its own? Why shouldn’t we all sue Lenovo for looting it’s customers and giving them a lot of trouble and headache just for buying Lenovo k8 note over all other options available in market? If company had manufacturing defect then all of the k8 notes made during a time frame have had this issue and those all phones were supposed to be replaced by Lenovo but they didn’t. It’s a very big question over the reputation of smartphones company. What did we all do wrong to deserve this punishment for buying a Lenovo phone? What’s your answer??? What’s the company’s stand against this fault?

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 59 of 82

2020-12-28, 18:27 PM

Hi Santy8

Sorry to hear you have this issue. May I know when did you usually experience the restart? What troubleshooting have you tried to address it? Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

1 Posts

11-20-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 60 of 82

2021-01-21, 15:56 PM

My lenevo k8 note is suddenly switch off since Feb 2020 during Lockdown but today date 21.01.2020 I have visit authorised service center Bhopal then there's supportive team have given that suggestion your's phone is died without check the device issue.  Now what can I do  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms