Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anees_Mon
Serial Port
Views: 1,726
Message 1 of 25

K8 Note Switch off Automatically

I have three Lenovo K8 Note devices within my house. All three of them bought from Amazon. One of them is made in India and the other two made in China. The two devices made in China goes off automatically when at use.

All of this happens when some media is being played (Video, Social Media statuses, even Notifications... ). At this point, the sound distorts and cuts. The very next moment the device goes off.

I have attached a video file to get a clear view of the issue. 

Tried Safe Boot, Resetting device and possible remedies. 

Does anyone else face this issue ?

kk9999gada
Punch Card
Views: 1,643
Message 2 of 25

Re: K8 Note Switch off Automatically

I am facing the exact same issue. Whenever I start the phone and as soon as it reaches the lock screen it suddenly turns off. I formatted my phone numerous times but the problem still persists.

Before this problem started I too had sound crackling issue and the phone would go off suddenly while watching YouTube or listening to music. But now its worse as mentioned in first para. The phone is now completely unusable.

However, I can use the phone if I start the phone while keeping the cable plugged in and then after the phone is booted successfully I can unplug the cable and the phone will stay on (this means battery is not the problem), until any multimedia task is performed (may be GPU is the problem).

I fear, your phone's problem might get worsen just like mine over a week or two.

Currently I am using my old phone as my daily driver and K8 Note is lying in the corner eating dust. Lenovo K8 Note is the dumbest purchase I have ever made.

Anees_Mon
Serial Port
Views: 1,615
Message 3 of 25

Thanking you for the detailed report. Hope Lenovo officials take proper action regarding this.

As you said I am now facing the same exact issue. Initially the phone used to switch off once or twice in a week but now it has been worsened to the extreme. The phone switches off even before unlocking the phone. Hope the officials can assume how pathetic the situation is.

The only difference I see is that, on detailed examination I noticed that the battery drops 20%-30% the moment after a restart and thereafter the battery drops at the rate of 1-2% per minute. I have attached the battery usage as a proof. I have even noticed the screen dimming and flashing at times.

I humbly request Lenovo Moto officials to take this issue very seriously and take necessary actions to resolve the same at the earliest as I have three Lenovo K8 Note in my home.Screenshot_20181116-211705.png

Screenshot_20181118-005022.png

kk9999gada
Punch Card
Views: 1,610
Message 4 of 25

I have also reported about the exact same battery drain issue here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/K8-XT1902-Smartphones/K8-Note-Massive-Battery-Drain-1-Per-Second-betwee...

But seems like no one at Lenovo cares.

Anees_Mon
Serial Port
Views: 1,581
Message 5 of 25

The bugs in the device is not that bad. But the officials ignoring us is the worst part in my view. They hardly address issues of users.

And this is so annoying!!!

I humbly request to understand my situation. I am the owner of three Lenovo K8 Note devices. 

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Aljohn_koko
Punch Card
Views: 1,553
Message 6 of 25

Hi I have k8 note made in China

Can I ask both of u, your phone that Auto turn off have 2sim inserted???

just want to know.

kk9999gada
Punch Card
Views: 1,551
Message 7 of 25

Yes both the Sim are inserted. Now I have given my phone in service center.

Anees_Mon
Serial Port
Views: 1,544
Message 8 of 25

No I don't have both the sim inserted. I am a single sim user. And according to my knowledge, the problems stated above isn't related to the number of sim inserted. It's absolutely a different kind of issue. 

kk9999gada
Punch Card
Views: 1,540
Message 9 of 25

I visited the service center. They told that an update is coming on 30th which will solve the problem. So, lets wait. 

Anees_Mon
Serial Port
Views: 1,537
Message 10 of 25

If that is the thing, I wonder why the Moto Agents here don't reply to any of your issues.

I don't understand as to why they have to keep themselves muted.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors