IN

10 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 61 of 153

Re: K8 Note Switch off Automatically

2019-08-05, 5:50 AM

Hello @Agent_Rich

1. Are you suggesting to change the battery to fix this issue?
2. Is this the recommended solution from Lenovo to solve this automatic switch off problem?

3. If it is please suggest an original battery to replace it ? please share a link to buy the battery. I dont have a lenovo service center in my town.

Options

9746 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1075 Signins

144428 Page Views

• Views: 144428
  • Message 62 of 153

2019-08-05, 15:38 PM

Hi sree001,

Thanks for your question. The phone has a non-removable battery, I won't recommend doing as far as that suggestion, especially if you'll do it on your own. Try troubleshooting the software first. I recommend trying the Lenovo Smart Assistant - LMSA tool and see if it will help repair the phone. Here' s the link.  If you need instruction, here's the link

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

07-31-2019

IN

10 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 63 of 153

2019-08-06, 6:30 AM
I am not replacing it myself. I will take it to a service center. But I want to make sure it is the issue of the battery before replacing it. So are you suggesting that it is a software issue ?

Does discharging the battery completely works for this issue ?
Options

71 Posts

08-28-2019

US

76 Signins

664 Page Views

• Views: 664
  • Message 64 of 153

Re: K8 Note Switch off Automatically - SOLVED BAKE THE MOTHERBOARD

2019-08-29, 5:05 AM
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED
SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS
IT IS 100% WORKING NOW, THE PROBLEM OF RESTARTING AND BOOT LOOP HAS GONE COMPLETELY!
To all of my fellow Lenovo K8 note users if you are facing with the problem of boot loop, freezing and constant restarting of your phone then its the problem with the motherboard and not the Oreo update. Yesterday i was able to used the phone temporarily by cooling it in the refrigerator that gave me the hint that there is some loose connection or dry solder due to which the phone was not working. Mainly this loose connection must have happened due to over heating of Media Tek X23 CPU. 
So i decided to do the re-balding soldering of the motherboard. Now the right way to do it is using the Hot Air Station, but if you don't have it then you can even bake the motherboard in oven. Follow the steps below
1) Carefully open the back and disconnect the flex cables for Battery, volume button, LCD and Daughter USB charge boards (Watch some YouTube Videos Online)
2) Unscrew the Motherboard and take it out from the casing. 
3) Remove the metal shields covering the CPU, there will be 4 shields but only 2 of them are removable, the other 2 are soldered to the motherboard so don't try to remove it if you don't have Hot Air Station.
4) Heat the IC underneath the shields with Hot Air Station, If you don't have Hot Air station then put the mother board on a ceramic or non conductive plate and then place it inside the Oven for Baking. !!!! WARNING DO NOT MICROWAVE IT !!!! You need to use the setting of your Oven similar to what you would use for Baking breads.
5) The Oven should be Pre-heated to 230 Celsius before you put the motherboard.
6) Set the timer to 10 to 15 minutes and let it bake 
7) Once the baking time is over, then let the Motherboard cool inside the oven until is cool to touch.
8) Put Heat sink compound on top of the IC/CPU and Metal Shield plates
9) Reassemble everything and test if it works.
10) Don't forget to give my reply a like if it works for you, All the Best!!!
I have attached some photos of the motherboard with some instructions on Lenovo Forum, Go to page 45 on the below link
Options

71 Posts

08-28-2019

US

76 Signins

664 Page Views

• Message 65 of 153

Re: My lenovo k8 note switch off automatically

2019-08-29, 5:07 AM
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED
SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS
IT IS 100% WORKING NOW, THE PROBLEM OF RESTARTING AND BOOT LOOP HAS GONE COMPLETELY!
To all of my fellow Lenovo K8 note users if you are facing with the problem of boot loop, freezing and constant restarting of your phone then its the problem with the motherboard and not the Oreo update. Yesterday i was able to used the phone temporarily by cooling it in the refrigerator that gave me the hint that there is some loose connection or dry solder due to which the phone was not working. Mainly this loose connection must have happened due to over heating of Media Tek X23 CPU. 
So i decided to do the re-balding soldering of the motherboard. Now the right way to do it is using the Hot Air Station, but if you don't have it then you can even bake the motherboard in oven. Follow the steps below
1) Carefully open the back and disconnect the flex cables for Battery, volume button, LCD and Daughter USB charge boards (Watch some YouTube Videos Online)
2) Unscrew the Motherboard and take it out from the casing. 
3) Remove the metal shields covering the CPU, there will be 4 shields but only 2 of them are removable, the other 2 are soldered to the motherboard so don't try to remove it if you don't have Hot Air Station.
4) Heat the IC underneath the shields with Hot Air Station, If you don't have Hot Air station then put the mother board on a ceramic or non conductive plate and then place it inside the Oven for Baking. !!!! WARNING DO NOT MICROWAVE IT !!!! You need to use the setting of your Oven similar to what you would use for Baking breads.
5) The Oven should be Pre-heated to 230 Celsius before you put the motherboard.
6) Set the timer to 10 to 15 minutes and let it bake 
7) Once the baking time is over, then let the Motherboard cool inside the oven until is cool to touch.
8) Put Heat sink compound on top of the IC/CPU and Metal Shield plates
9) Reassemble everything and test if it works.
10) Don't forget to give my reply a like if it works for you, All the Best!!!
I have attached some photos of the motherboard with some instructions on Lenovo Forum, Go to page 45 on the below link
Options

71 Posts

08-28-2019

US

76 Signins

664 Page Views

• Message 66 of 153

Re: K8 Note Switch off Automatically - SOLVED BAKE THE MOTHERBOARD

2019-09-13, 11:51 AM
Please watch this Youtube video to solve the restart / Bootloop problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m630BisNMU
Options

71 Posts

08-28-2019

US

76 Signins

664 Page Views

• Message 67 of 153

Re: My lenovo k8 note switch off automatically

2019-09-13, 11:52 AM

Options

71 Posts

08-28-2019

US

76 Signins

664 Page Views

• Message 68 of 153

Re: LENOVO K8- NOTE - Frequent switch off problem

2019-09-13, 11:53 AM

Options

2 Posts

09-20-2019

IN

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 69 of 153

2019-09-20, 5:40 AM

I am also having the same issue what to do?

Options

71 Posts

08-28-2019

US

76 Signins

664 Page Views

• Message 70 of 153

2019-09-20, 6:19 AM

You have to bake your motherboard in oven at 230 Ceius for 10 minutes and it will solve your problem. Before baking remember to disconnect all the flexiable cables and front/back cameras, rubber sleeves from the 3.5mm headphone jack and microphone and lastly remove the plastic blur lens on the front selfie flash.......if you forget to remove any of these then it will melt and you will have to again buy the replacement parts which are not cheap.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete