Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,699
Message 11 of 37

Re: K8 Note Switch off Automatically

Hi guys,

It seems you have done some troubleshooting steps that are needed to do. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI-- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Lenovo Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. Need help updating your profile? See here. 

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

Anees_Mon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,696
Message 12 of 37

I have already updated my profile with the required information. And the only missing is the carrier. I a Reliance JIO user. And I can't find that in the list of carriers.

Anyway, I have even safe booted and formatted once hoping it would get fixed.

But nothing happened.

Yes, you're permitted to check into my apps for time being. 

Aljohn_koko
Punch Card
Views: 1,677
Message 13 of 37

Anees_Mon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,632
Message 14 of 37

I had the same issue and took it to the nearest service centre. Even though we may find it as a serious issue with frequent sound crackling, switch off and of no use. Its just a battery issue. Get it replaced. And free replacement in case your device is within one year of purchase. And also ask them to re-software your device.

Your device will be fine by then.

kk9999gada
Punch Card
Views: 1,623
Message 15 of 37

If battery is the issue, then why did the service center guy told me that it is a softwares issue and wait for update.

I also think it might be a battery issue because the phone doesn't encounter those issues when the phone is charging. The phone is not able to get the required voltage from battery when the phone is unplugged which results into sound crackling and switch off issue.

But I will still wait for the update because my phone started to work by itself. Now the phone doesn't switch off immediately after reaching lock screen. Sometimes it just works like nothing has happened everything is functioning normally.

Can you test if rapid battery drain issue from 15% to 0% is gone after replacing battery?

Regarding VoLTE. It is an issue with operator. Airtel, in my case, hasn't released VoLTE service for all users. This service is only out for limited Airtel users (as per talk with call center executive). I also tested this by inserting my brother's sim in my K8 Note and guess what? I got VoLTE network on his sim. But when I inserted my sim in his phone (J7 Pro) which is VoLTE supported phone I didn't got VoLTE network.

Dev1973
Paper Tape
Views: 1,568
Message 16 of 37

Hi I have that same problem . No proper back up service . Dumbest phone 

Anees_Mon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,565
Message 17 of 37

Yes brother I had the same issue with my phone. It repeatedly used to turn off automatically and I could notice a heavy drop down in battery percentage as soon as the phone restart after an automatic shutdown. And then onwards the battery went down extremely fast even up to 1 to 2 percentage per minute.

But now after the replacement of the battery and a re software my device works just fine as new.

I highly recommend you to get the battery replaced if you are within the warranty period. The only problem you could face here is with the data. Could easily backup all your private data including appdata, contacts, messages etc to Google drive.

Anees_Mon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,564
Message 18 of 37

Even the high end developers here are unaware of our issues then how can you expect the small techies out there in the service centre to resolve your issue.

Take it as a joke, Lenovo service centres are like Bengali restaurants, don't ask them what to eat instead analyze and assume what you want and just order them.

In my case I would have got this same reply as for you if I would have ask them to repair my device for the automatic switch off issue.

I was pretty sure it was a battery issue and just told them my battery is d-a-m-n  week and I need to get it changed and don't forget to mention you're within the warranty period.

Srikanth31
What's DOS?
Views: 1,527
Message 19 of 37

Hello,

I have updated my profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI. And also Lenovo privacy is on in my device K8 plus. Kindly solve my automatic switch off problem of K8 plus mobile. This is happening after the recent Oreo update. Please look into it.

Regards

Srikanth

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,442
Message 20 of 37

Hi  guys,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that can help you.

• It is a good practice to restart the device periodically (at least every 48 hours) to clear out buffers and memory that may lead to intermittent issues.
  • Follow the troubleshooting steps here. Please take note that when doing Safe mode make sure that you'll do it on a certain time and before doing a factory reset make sure to back up your data.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors