Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zohaibahd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 468
Message 91 of 318

Re: K8 Note heating up due to high CPU usage after Android O update

i too am facing the same problem and it lags a lot even when cool while scrolling and gaming. the k8 has almost a flagship kind of processor but performance is worse than most phones.

the mali t880mp4 should run most games at 60fps and there should be no scroll lag but lenovo hasnt optimized their software and screwed up a great phone.

and yes ive restarted my device and yes ive performed factory reset and yet the problem persists.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 399
Message 92 of 318

Hi guys,

I am monitoring this thread and please let me know what apps are you using to measure the CPU usage?

And I have checked all  users' profiles and the IMEIs of the following users will be checked with their permission and make sure to provide the needed information above:

@gurmeetathwal,@Attitudeking,@Sonu761,@Vmishra and @ashok999.

I will give feedback once we are done running diagnostics.

Need help updating your profile? See here.  Please make sure that the options under Settings > Lenovo Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

SDDey
Serial Port
Views: 385
Message 93 of 318

I'm using Cpuz application to monitor

Kk41
What's DOS?
Views: 369
Message 94 of 318

It's fact and company not getting any kind of action on this....

AnupDesai
Paper Tape
Views: 361
Message 95 of 318

Everything was great till the Oreo update arrived. If you are in doubt, search for K8 Note Oreo update and you will learn for your self.

After Oreo update, the mobile always keeps hot even if its idle. You can't even pickup the phone and put it to your ears. Hope someone doesn't get hurt due to explosion of this phone.

The battery drains very fast. Before oreo update battery used to last for 2 days for me, but now it doesn't even last 3-4 hours. Its even getting worse day by day.

Due to heating not able to put the phone in pocket or even not able to keep it on ear when call comes, even if phone was idle since hour. The phone is still in warranty and Lenovo has no clue what's happening.

Wish I am able to roll back the Oreo update or return the phone.

If you haven't bought the phone yet : Wait till these issues get resolved.
If you have already bought : DONT UPDATE TO OREO.
If you have alreay updated to Oreo : God help you(like me), and start saving for another phone.

Hope this helps and save people from getting burnt (literarry) by the phone.

Admin note: off topic content struck through. Please post in the relevant threads for those topics.  Perhaps read the stickied threads at the top of the board before posting again might be a good place to start.

zohaibahd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 360
Message 96 of 318

heating is a problem agreed but whats worse is the throttling that leads to lags. gaming is even worse

suhassambekar
Punch Card
Views: 358
Message 97 of 318

I think, my K8 Note is getting better. Charged to full 100% today morning and it is still 31% balance, and no abnormal heating today, though only normal usage. 3-4 days back I charged by keeping it shutdown, which took around 3 hrs. But drained in just 6 hours and to much heat. After it got totally drained again charged full keeping on. It got better day by day and today it is in good condition again. Attached screenshot. 

Ashokgurumurthy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 338
Message 98 of 318

Im using the default app to view CPU stats in phone...Now the keyboard is not stable for me.. I'm unable to upload screenshot.. the device is getting heated for minimal usage which was not previously..The CPU and memory usage is almost up to 72%..And likewise the ROM 

groupsdeepakg
Punch Card
Views: 305
Message 99 of 318

Hi Daisy, i have also posted you PM with my IMEI details. Please help to check my device also.

Regards,
Deepak
Daas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 294
Message 100 of 318

After one week of O update now my phone has stopped heating, fast draining of battery is no more an issue and turbo charging is working again. Lagging also doesn't seem to be an issue any more. Phone is as good as it was before O upadate.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors