Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groupsdeepakg
Punch Card
Views: 1,053
Message 21 of 307

Re: K8 Note heating up due to high CPU usage after Android O update

Hi,

Problem : Overheating with Mobile Data ON After OREO Update and Battery Draining due to the same.

Carrier : Dual Sim (Primary - Jio VOLTE, Airtel 3G)

Simply keep phone unused with Mobile Data ON and it heats too much and battery also lasts for only 1/2 day

Switch off the Mobile Data, it starts cooling immediately. 

Please help with Patch solution asap.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Guru
Views: 1,041
Message 22 of 307

@groupsdeepakg wrote:

Hi,

Problem : Overheating with Mobile Data ON After OREO Update and Battery Draining due to the same.

Carrier : Dual Sim (Primary - Jio VOLTE, Airtel 3G)

Simply keep phone unused with Mobile Data ON and it heats too much and battery also lasts for only 1/2 day

Switch off the Mobile Data, it starts cooling immediately. 

Please help with Patch solution asap.

Best Regards,

Deepak

hey Deepak,

Ih had the same issue but my phone is completely ok now. Just wait for a day and everything will be fine. The heating and battery drain is due to OS optimizing your phone. It will take a day or 3 to get everything back to normal. Android OREO  optimizes apps and other requirements in the background.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Rohit7777
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,031
Message 23 of 307

Hey hi..

And when the phone is not at all used. It is in rest condition then to it is getting hot.

I never do gaming on phone

Hardly I use things are apps like youtube, fb, & for calling person.

That's it...

Even my Lenovo k8 note is getting hot in an idel state. Its getting so hot that I can't even hold it.

And the same issue is observed by many users after Oreo update I think as I had purchased it they before yesterday so I'm not that sure it is due to Oreo update or it's a hardware issue.

Lenovo is ruining Moto name...

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Guru
Views: 1,024
Message 24 of 307

@Rohit7777 wrote:

Hey hi..

And when the phone is not at all used. It is in rest condition then to it is getting hot.

I never do gaming on phone

Hardly I use things are apps like youtube, fb, & for calling person.

That's it...

Even my Lenovo k8 note is getting hot in an idel state. Its getting so hot that I can't even hold it.

And the same issue is observed by many users after Oreo update I think as I had purchased it they before yesterday so I'm not that sure it is due to Oreo update or it's a hardware issue.

Lenovo is ruining Moto name...

Hey,

It is not an hardware issue and it is caused by the Oreo update. Don't worry everything will get back to normal. It's just that the new OS optimizing the phone with some background activity which causes heating and battery drain. I had the same issue untill yesterday and everything is fine now.

Regards,
Amal

groupsdeepakg
Punch Card
Views: 1,029
Message 25 of 307

will keep a watch and let all know the update.

Thanks 

groupsdeepakg
Punch Card
Views: 1,027
Message 26 of 307

Also, Android O if it is taking 1-2-3 days to optimize then it should not be the case. Any OS before complete bootup finishes all optimization. Background processes cannot cause so much heat. Just now was talking on second sim Airtel, and was unable to withstand the heat it was generating and causing burning feeling on my ear. 

So, thought of checking the logs and top results, it is quite evident that volte_stack is consuming too much CPU in some scenario (not very clear)  :-

2114 system 20 0 34M 6.0M 3.1M S 293 0.1 128:21.31 volte_stack  -> 293% which is too huge.

I simply switched off VOLTE, and CPU usage reduced drastically.

I switched it on again, but this time the CPU usage was pretty much under control.

So, i will test the workaround solution of switching off VOLTE for few mins and then switching it on to reduce the heating.

Guru
Views: 1,025
Message 27 of 307

@groupsdeepakg wrote:

Also, Android O if it is taking 1-2-3 days to optimize then it should not be the case. Any OS before complete bootup finishes all optimization. Background processes cannot cause so much heat. Just now was talking on second sim Airtel, and was unable to withstand the heat it was generating and causing burning feeling on my ear. 

So, thought of checking the logs and top results, it is quite evident that volte_stack is consuming too much CPU in some scenario (not very clear)  :-

2114 system 20 0 34M 6.0M 3.1M S 293 0.1 128:21.31 volte_stack  -> 293% which is too huge.

I simply switched off VOLTE, and CPU usage reduced drastically.

I switched it on again, but this time the CPU usage was pretty much under control.

So, i will test the workaround solution of switching off VOLTE for few mins and then switching it on to reduce the heating.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Most users who reported heating and battery drain anre users of Airtel and Jio. About the optimixatiom, if we look into previous Android version such as 6.0 after the update we could see "Android optimizing apps 1 of 100". Google removed that from Oreo to give a better customer experience. Oreo optimizes the apps and hardware in the background. I let my phone sit for a while with data on and everything is normal now. I am getting good battery backup and no lag or heating issues. I using jio 4g + Volte and idea. Reseting the phone won't make things faster instead it start over the whole process again. Oreo does a lot of back end process.

Regards,
Amal

LK8
Blue Screen Again
Views: 990
Message 28 of 307

"am fathe sameslemainfacin II." I am facing the same problem. Look at the state of interface, example given in the first line of my thread. After this upgrade my phone became super slow, battery drained out so quickly and phone heats up as iron. Still I don't really understand what was so upgraded in this upgrade. Lenovo/Android kindly fix this issue asap so we could use our phone in a normal way. I don't want to burn my pocket and type in an 👽 alien language while getting old with it's super 🐌 speed processor.

groupsdeepakg
Punch Card
Views: 988
Message 29 of 307

Really it is so difficult to carry it even in pocket and even put on ear. Anyone has different experience without VOLTE enabled ?
Attitudeking
Blue Screen Again
Views: 974
Message 30 of 307

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors