Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javedahmed56
Punch Card
Views: 393
Message 81 of 318

Re: K8 Note heating up due to high CPU usage after Android O update

Phone gets very hot while charging and even while using mobile. I was on a call and my phone got so hot that I can't keep it to my ear.

Phone is getting so hot that it is unbearable to use. Its always above 42 degree celcius in normal usage.

Please fix the issues ASAP and give us a OTA update for stable Oreo version.

dg27
Paper Tape
Views: 381
Message 82 of 318

I am also facing all the problems as mentioned by every one after update to Oreo.

If you can't fix it kindly make a utility to downgrade the phone to last version as it was working nearly perfect on that.

Going through the comments of the users and help line, I feel we should try and figure out a way to make this more know to the comon public, so that there sales are hampered and possibly then Lenovo will wake up from there sleep and take actions.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Kk41
What's DOS?
Views: 370
Message 83 of 318

Facing many problems after update I think so....mobile not able to charge some time and charge proper some time.e....also spekers not working many time ...for that I have to restart phone...and battery getting discharge so fast....heat problem is also increase 100 time...kindly help ASAP

Admin note: please don't stray off topic

Daas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 368
Message 84 of 318

I too faced all the same issues of heating, battery drainage, no turbo charging and lagging. It's been a week now and today for the first time I noticed that the battery did not drain out as fast and the heating has stopped also. I am not sure yet about the turbo charging and lagging. 

Guru
Views: 351
Message 85 of 318

Hello All,
I face the above issue only when I am in a weak network area. What about you guys? Does your phone heat up in all location or areas with poor network connection?
Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Souvikpal
SCSI Port
Views: 341
Message 86 of 318

Yes, I am also facing the problems as reported by others after the update.

CPU is always running at almost max frequency, and hence the device is heating too much and draining battery quickly.

Oreo animations are so good that you barely feel the lag, but actually the device is laggy.

Now it takes almost 5 hour to get fully charged while turned on. But in switched off condition, it getting charged faster.

Google play services is abnormally draining battery.

Bug: I have turned on 'Decrease ringtone volume when phone is picked up', available in Settings>Volume. But the ring volume wouldn't rise to my previous settings after the call (was working perfectly on Nougat). So I can barely hear the ringtone on the next call and after each call I receive, I have to manually rise the ring volume again.

Please provide a fix asap.

Batman555
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 87 of 318

This Lenovo sucks
Lenovo was ok ok with nougat
After an oreo update it sucks.It's heating up while doing chat.., it's getting heated up while charging it doesn't support many applications from play store (customisable applications) Even charging time has increased its taking long time to get charge and draining very fast.
Some times it's stucked at the same point where i put it on charge.
Even file manager doesn't work properly.
And many more issues....

Admin note: profanity / implied profanity edited. Keep it Clean!

Ashokgurumurthy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 320
Message 88 of 318

Hi team.,
I have the same issue..After android update my phone does not charge even though connected to turbo charger..And battery drains very soon even if there is no process running and phone gets heated like something.. please assist me with a fix..

Note:i have restarted the phone several times
ravi8985
Punch Card
Views: 311
Message 89 of 318

Hi ,

Don't know which one of the below helped me heating issue almost under control and battery drain a little bit.

1. If you browsing through chrome for internet make sure data saver is on in chrome settings.

2. Enable android developer options in phone settings by tapping build number 7 times. Once enabled  without doing anything turn it off again I found some of them were on strange!!

3. Not promoting any third-party app but I downloaded Du Speed booster and run all the default options including CPU cooler.

Temperature of CPU was 40 then gradually coming down to 33. Also noticed that there were residual files from Android which got cleared by running trash cleaner.

All the best

sprnandi
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 90 of 318

I am having the same issues.. And I can't find someone in this forum. Infact I cant even start my topic

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors