Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sourabhk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 17,662
Message 1 of 126

K8 note Depth enabled mode issue

Hi,
I recently bought K8 note, one of the main reason for it is its dual camera setup but after taking some depth enabled shots i found that it blurs the edges of main object in captured image.. I thought it can be problem of my particular device and watched some reviews and found that all users facing same issue while using depth enabled mode. And also we can't adjust depth shots in gallery that is pre-installed.
So do software update or anything that will solve this issue ASAP.

Here are some of samples.

THANK YOU.IMG_20170902_155305471_STEREO_1.jpg

Screenshot_20170902-203815.pngBlured edges on top of car

Screenshot_20170902-203757.pngBlured edges on handles and above headlight.

Poojamodi1993
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,402
Message 2 of 126

Re: K8 note Depth enabled mode issue

There's no problem in ur device.

First take a depth enable shots then slide ur screen right to left in camera app> touch ur screen theres an edit option below picture (bottom 2nd left symbol) tap that symbol then u see depth editor. Then u can edit depth enable shots.

sriganesh16
Punch Card
Views: 17,390
Message 3 of 126

Thanks pooja, but do u do the same with a dslr?? Why do u think they have mentioned depth enabled mode separately. Is it for us to do the background work after taking a pic or its soul purpose is to generate blur on its own??
arun2605
What's DOS?
Views: 17,232
Message 4 of 126

I dont have the option to edit the photos taken in the "depth enabled mode". Will you be able to help?
Gamma1
Serial Port
Views: 17,203
Message 5 of 126

Good point Sriganesh16!!
Yes, there is no sense even though we have depth mode to edit to get proper effect. It has to be done by camera app only. Then no use of dual camera in k8 note, why Lenovo always slow and far away from giving better user experience always ?
Yes I do know no phone will be perfect but other phones are at least good at what they are promised, why not in Lenovo ??
They are always fooling me from the k3 note.
sriganesh16
Punch Card
Views: 17,201
Message 6 of 126

Gamma1, This is my first n last lenovo mobile. I ain't gonna buy again. It has many issues not just this one. We were made fools to buy this without proper optimisation. I feel mi mobiles are far better. Even though they dont update android to next version, they always optimize their software experience proper also the miui always have all the features what the latest android has to offer. After watching mi a1 review, i felt i could have waited 2more weeks 😓

Gamma1
Serial Port
Views: 17,189
Message 7 of 126

Sriganesh16,

Same here!
Actually I was taught Z2 plus could be my last one from lenovo but the features attracted me very much mainly I watched in Stock android wise because it doesn't has any flaws and if so we will get updates very quickly but see we bought this month before and prompting our issues clearly still no updates ?

you may be right we could've wait for 2 more weeks to avoid this disaster.

See OP5, they are working hard to provide best experience to users thats why they are getting at lease 2 updates in a month which is very nice.
you are very true in MI fact, yes they are slow in Upgrades but not in providing the best experience and they have very less Bugs if so they will react very aggressively.

Lenovo already lost their Good name because of their negligence and slow updates for customers This will be definitely a lesson for them.

Please Lenovo wake up this time! and fight back with MI.
Lenovo_k8note_u
Paper Tape
Views: 17,151
Message 8 of 126

Very irritating . MiA1 has same feature and pictures are coming perfect without blurry edges. Lenovo plz do something to address this issue !

Naveen9655
Blue Screen Again
Views: 17,143
Message 9 of 126

after updating to September 5th security patch ..the delth effect is good but depth editor is not at all working....plz...fix it as soon as possible....battery is awesome after the update...thx lenovo..

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Vish1978
What's DOS?
Views: 16,849
Message 10 of 126

Hi Everyone

Tried Depth Editor in Lenovo K8 Plus but it took around 15 mins & kept processing & no result at the end. Any clue what's wrong.

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors