Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK8 [XT1902] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-03-2019

Egypt

1 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 13

K8 note auto restarting

2019-08-03, 4:13 AM

Dears

Please i need to your help about my device is restarting more , i'm tired from this problem it happend 5 time at the day . I think its happend after oreo update

I waiting your support.

Options

72 Posts

08-28-2019

United States of America

77 Signins

669 Page Views

• Views: 669
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: K8 note auto restarting - SOLVED - Bake the Mother Board

2019-08-29, 5:18 AM
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED
SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS
IT IS 100% WORKING NOW, THE PROBLEM OF RESTARTING AND BOOT LOOP HAS GONE COMPLETELY!
To all of my fellow Lenovo K8 note users if you are facing with the problem of boot loop, freezing and constant restarting of your phone then its the problem with the motherboard and not the Oreo update. Yesterday i was able to used the phone temporarily by cooling it in the refrigerator that gave me the hint that there is some loose connection or dry solder due to which the phone was not working. Mainly this loose connection must have happened due to over heating of Media Tek X23 CPU. 
So i decided to do the re-balding soldering of the motherboard. Now the right way to do it is using the Hot Air Station, but if you don't have it then you can even bake the motherboard in oven. Follow the steps below
1) Carefully open the back and disconnect the flex cables for Battery, volume button, LCD and Daughter USB charge boards (Watch some YouTube Videos Online)
2) Unscrew the Motherboard and take it out from the casing. 
3) Remove the metal shields covering the CPU, there will be 4 shields but only 2 of them are removable, the other 2 are soldered to the motherboard so don't try to remove it if you don't have Hot Air Station.
4) Heat the IC underneath the shields with Hot Air Station, If you don't have Hot Air station then put the mother board on a ceramic or non conductive plate and then place it inside the Oven for Baking. !!!! WARNING DO NOT MICROWAVE IT !!!! You need to use the setting of your Oven similar to what you would use for Baking breads.
5) The Oven should be Pre-heated to 230 Celsius before you put the motherboard.
6) Set the timer to 10 to 15 minutes and let it bake 
7) Once the baking time is over, then let the Motherboard cool inside the oven until is cool to touch.
8) Put Heat sink compound on top of the IC/CPU and Metal Shield plates
9) Reassemble everything and test if it works.
10) Don't forget to give my reply a like if it works for you, All the Best!!!
I have attached some photos of the motherboard with some instructions on Lenovo Forum, Go to page 45 on the below link
Options

1 Posts

09-07-2019

Philippines

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 13

Re: K8 note auto restarting

2019-09-07, 16:29 PM
Almost the same situation here. Last time this worked properly, I saw google being updated.

Options

72 Posts

08-28-2019

United States of America

77 Signins

669 Page Views

• Views: 669
  • Message 4 of 13

Re: K8 note auto restarting

2019-09-07, 17:17 PM

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS

IT IS 100% WORKING NOW, THE PROBLEM OF RESTARTING AND BOOT LOOP HAS GONE COMPLETELY!

To all of my fellow Lenovo K8 note users if you are facing with the problem of boot loop, freezing and constant restarting of your phone then its the problem with the motherboard and not the Oreo update. Yesterday i was able to used the phone temporarily by cooling it in the refrigerator that gave me the hint that there is some loose connection or dry solder due to which the phone was not working. Mainly this loose connection must have happened due to over heating of Media Tek X23 CPU. 

So i decided to do the re-balding soldering of the motherboard. Now the right way to do it is using the Hot Air Station, but if you don't have it then you can even bake the motherboard in oven. Follow the steps below

1) Carefully open the back and disconnect the flex cables for Battery, volume button, LCD and Daughter USB charge boards (Watch some YouTube Videos Online)

2) Unscrew the Motherboard and take it out from the casing. 

3) Remove the metal shields covering the CPU, there will be 4 shields but only 2 of them are removable, the other 2 are soldered to the motherboard so don't try to remove it if you don't have Hot Air Station.

4) Heat the IC underneath the shields with Hot Air Station, If you don't have Hot Air station then put the mother board on a ceramic or non conductive plate and then place it inside the Oven for Baking. !!!! WARNING DO NOT MICROWAVE IT !!!! You need to use the setting of your Oven similar to what you would use for Baking breads.

5) The Oven should be Pre-heated to 230 Celsius before you put the motherboard.

6) Set the timer to 10 to 15 minutes and let it bake 

7) Once the baking time is over, then let the Motherboard cool inside the oven until is cool to touch.

8) Put Heat sink compound on top of the IC/CPU and Metal Shield plates

9) Reassemble everything and test if it works.

10) Don't forget to give my reply a like if it works for you, All the Best!!!

I have attached some photos of the motherboard with some instructions on Lenovo Forum, Go to page 45 on the below link

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/K8-XT1902-Smartphones/Lenovo-K8-Note-Auto-Restart-issue-Boot-Loop/td-p/4406779/page/45

Options

1 Posts

12-23-2020

India

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 13

Re:K8 note auto restarting

2020-12-23, 6:59 AM

Don't do the baking stuff as I have tried it at home it will melt your flash protective cover and will ruin back sensor position. Better way to do it is with heat station or heat gun. Don't even know if it works or not. So better go for some professional person who can solve your problem than seeking help on internet.

Options

3 Posts

12-27-2020

India

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 13

2020-12-27, 12:05 PM

Dear,

i am facing this issue from last one month and the solution is not getting from the mobile service center also. still my mobile is auto restarting and after 10-15 seconds, again restarting. any can please help on this. no service persons resolved my issue. i went around 5 service shop for rectification.

Options

13547 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1279 Signins

173670 Page Views

• Views: 173670
  • Message 7 of 13

2020-12-28, 18:32 PM

Hi Swargamssr

That's odd. May I know what did the service center do when you went to them? Also, may I know what troubleshooting have you tried to address this?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

12-27-2020

India

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-01-07, 10:36 AM

Hi Dear,

Thank you for your response!!!

But i don't know what service they done for troubleshooting. every time they taken my mobile and after that day hand over me. so how could i know the exact issue.

please help on this if have the solution for my concern.

Thank You.

Sambasiva Rao

Options

13547 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1279 Signins

173670 Page Views

• Views: 173670
  • Message 9 of 13

2021-01-07, 21:12 PM

Hi Sambasiva,

The only thing we could try at this point is doing troubleshooting. I would suggest doing factory data reset without restore. Backup important files/apps, so you won't lose them. But do not restore your backup when you set up the phone. Observe the phone without any files/apps restored. See if that helps any. Then install your apps one at a time until you've found out which app is causing an issue.

Settings > Factory data reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

12-27-2020

India

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2021-01-09, 4:41 AM

Dear, 

After factory rest also still my mobile is auto restarting and mobile getting over heating.. 

Please suggest 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms