Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK8 [XT1902] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-19-2018

India

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 6

K8 note not connecting to wifi and showing saved only

2021-03-08, 11:59 AM

Greeting!!

I am trying to connect my lenovo K8 note to my wifi running on optical fibre but it is not connecting to it and everytime i enter the password it shows saved and that's it but not obtaining ip address and connecting even after forgetting and trying all sort of things like resetting the router and all settings.... But still the same it shows saved after entering password and when I again click it at the place where I have to enter the password it shows (unchanged) in transparent gray letters and when I again enter the password it shows saved and dont connect...

Pls help to resolve this problem...

Regards

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:K8 note not connecting to wifi and showing saved only

2021-03-08, 17:46 PM

Hi Ankur2004

I would like to confirm, are you able to connect to other WiFi? Also, have you tried forgetting all WiFi networks? Settings > Network & internet > WiFi > Tap the gear icon next to each WiFi devices > Forget or Unpair. Once done, just pair with the WiFi you're having an issue with. I would also suggest try pairing while the phone is in Safe mode.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

I hope that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

05-08-2021

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-05-08, 7:47 AM

My K8 note not connecting to wifi (fibre line) just shows saved network and a ? sign. Earlier I've used other WiFi networks on this device.  Hotspot is working fine. 

I've tried resetting of network settings, resetting router, forgetting network and re-pairing including in safe mode numerous times, assistance of ISP.  Nothing works.

Is there any way out. 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-05-10, 19:39 PM

Hi Tarun_Pr

Looks like some sort of WiFi configuration from your WiFi provider. You've tried possible troubleshooting steps for this. Have you reaching out your provider? Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

05-08-2021

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-05-12, 3:12 AM

Hi,

I had reached out to the service provider. They after checking configuration confirmed that this is not an issue of WiFi service. My all other devices are connected to the same network. 

Thank you

Tarun_Pr

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-05-12, 18:57 PM

Hi Tarun_Pr

It seems that we have tried all possible troubleshooting steps. Last thing we can try is to do factory data reset. Kindly backup important files/apps to make sure you won't lose them. Setup your phone without restoring your backup. See if that fixes this. Thanks.

Settings > System > Reset Options > Factory Data Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms