Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Levi_ye
Paper Tape
Views: 672
Message 41 of 139

Re: K8 note restarting repeatedly after oreo update

hi,

what is your sw version,you can find it : settings-----system---About Phone---Build number

could you find reproduced restart issue steps ?

Satyaki_990
Paper Tape
Views: 671
Message 42 of 139

Tried all the above except factory reset as I am yet to backup my data.

Besides, factory is not a feasible solution tonthe problem. The new update obviously broke the system stability. Please work towards developing a permanent fix to the problem.

chinia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 679
Message 43 of 139

Build no OMB27.43-20
Kernail version 3.18.60+
Hudsoncm@ilclbld27#1
Wed mar 14 02.41.31 CDT 2018
BASEBAND VERSION
MANNING.O.V12,2018/03/06 03:20
Levi_ye
Paper Tape
Views: 669
Message 44 of 139

Try to factory resetting the phone if can solved your restart problem?

or can you find any steps to reproduce restart issue?
Thank you.
RamVerma
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 45 of 139

As already mentioned in my previous replies, writing again in bold letters so that may be you can read well.

I HAVE TRIED ALL STUFF MENTIONED -

• FACTORY RESET ATLEAST 5 TIMES
  • STORAGE IS 85% FREE
  • NO SD CARD
  • REMOVED ALL SELF DOWNLOADED APPS
  • SAFE MODE

Hope now you can accept the fact that update from Lenovo has screwed the phone. And issue a bug free update soon.

I am a big fan of using Lenovo products and have 5 mobile phones, 2 laptops, 2 fitness band and more. But if this is how the company will take care of customers then I have no choice then moving to another better brand.

Kiranmanoj007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 645
Message 46 of 139

@Agent_Daisy wrote:

Hi guys,

This is not typical. Please make sure to do the following steps:

When the internal memory of the phone is full or close to full, you may experience a sluggish user interface, latency when switching menus, or in some cases the display freezing or reboot.Check to see how much internal memory is available on the device: Settings > Storage.

-Furthermore, it is recommended to have at least 15% of SD card storage free. It is also advisable that you power cycle your device at least once every 24 hours. Power cycling a device will clear its memory, empty its cache and release any AP (app processor) stuck situations, improving its overall performance.

- Check if your issue is happening in Safe Mode. Long-press volume-down button when phone's start-up screen shows.After the phone starts up, “Safe mode” displays on the bottom left meaning safe mode is entered. After this, observe the phone. Once done observing the phone, restart to auto exit safe mode.

- Try a Factory reset with no restore.

If the issue is still persisting let me know.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

You should know your product still ran smooth as butter with only 1-2% free internal memory in my phone when I bought it during it's nougat days. Hats off to this deca core processor and it's performance. But , a Big Huge BUT , there were frame drops after running games, which was fixed after Oreo update maybe ram management was better organized. Internal storage didn't play any part in this. It's either corrupted the software of the phone forcing it to go into a boot loop. Or the motherboard is the problem, like in my case. If you see the solution m factory reset only got one kudos. I suggest remove it as the result. And so don't do the reset. It won't do any good. Better to take the phone to the newresn service . I don't see any other option. I got my phone back in 2 days with a new board with oreo update installed via offline . It is better than ota updating . 

RamVerma
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 47 of 139

Thanks for the reply.
But I am not in India right now, so cannot physically handover the phone to support center.
And the phone was working very well before the update so I think it's more of a software issue than a hardware issue. Another update from Lenovo with bug fixes must solve this.
jitendrachinia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 627
Message 48 of 139

there is no hardware fault at all.
the phone worked well before this update. its a software problem which can be verified by various videos on youtube . all are giving temporary solutions and clearly saying that permanent solution may be done by team lenovo only.
Kiranmanoj007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 618
Message 49 of 139

My phone worked well too before the update. I'm saying they would replace the motherboard rather than going deep into the software. My phone was restarting constantly not passing the Lenovo logo on start up. Totally unusable that's why I took it to the service centre. 

And yes I tried YouTube videos of flashing rom installing a fresh firm ware waing SP tool something. Nothing worked. If you want to update from Lenovo the phone must first of all turn on. 

And this is for this topic of auto restarting of the device. Not the heating or other issues. Other issues are off topic. Take it else where in the forum. 

I'm referring only to the boot loop / auto restarting problem after Oreo update which messes up the software while doing the update Over The Air Ota cause there could be disturbances. This was said by the service ppl. But other phones have this ota updates too. They don't have such problems clearly Lenovo needs to do something. 

P.S :- The new k8 notes being sold, the seller instructs the customer to take it to the service centre for the oreo update rather than doing it ota. 

RamVerma
Paper Tape
Views: 603
Message 50 of 139

If that is the case then why will anyone buy a new Lenovo K8 phone and then take the pain of going to service center for updating the new phone. To me that sounds very silly in such a competitive market where a customer has lots of options to choose from.

In todays "SMART" world, where everyone is talking about doing things automatically. This manual strategy is not going to satisfy customers at all. 

"Lenovo seriously needs to think about it."

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors