Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiranmanoj007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 644
Message 51 of 139

Re: K8 note restarting repeatedly after oreo update

Agreed. Buying a k8 would now be a two step process. I saw two customers come with a k8 saying the seller instructed them to come to the service for updation. And then the customer is asked to wait for 30 mins. Woah. 

chinia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 639
Message 52 of 139

I took it to service centre and they update the os. They said that there may be problem in ota update . But surprisingly , it starts rebooting just after I registered in play store . So the problem is in os update file itself, no matter updated through ota or cable.
Kiranmanoj007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 633
Message 53 of 139

Hope theyllt fix it with an 8.1 update. But , to be able to update it the phone was first of all be turned on. If it's rebooting while Downloading or installing it'll corrupt it again. 

What did they say? Re install firmware? Or any hardware change? 

Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 521
Message 54 of 139

K8 Note (also noted with Moto G5) Automatic Shutdown when fully charged

Just noticed this recently. No problem if you let it fully charge then unplugging the charger right afterwards, but if you let it charge the whole night while you are sleeping,then for some reason it will simply shut itself down. Why?

There is another post like this similar to mine, but it was suppose to be fixed  with the November update. I am now on Oreo but I still have this issue.

And to top it off, the same thing just happened with my Moto G5. Leave it overnight to charge, then by morning, it just shutdown on it's own. Won't even turn on until I remove and reinsert the battery.

Please have a look at it, coz' it's really a hassle and a nuissance.

Build Number: OMB27.43-20

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 613
Message 55 of 139

Hi RamVerma,

Greetings from Lenovo,

This type of product quality is not typical and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As informed by you, you have tried with factory reset even though issue did not resolve. Hence, we request you to visit the nearest Lenovo smartphone service center and avail the service.

We appreciate your patience. 

Thank you 

Satyaki_990
Paper Tape
Views: 605
Message 56 of 139

So basically lenovo wants it's customers to a make a mandatory service center visit. Talk about complimentary services..!!

Thank God I cancelled my brother's k8 order..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 589
Message 57 of 139

Guys,

Please make sure to do the troubleshooting steps we suggested on this thread including the factory reset with no restore. If the issue is still persisting, please update your profile with IMEI- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Lenovo Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. Need help updating your profile? See here. Let me know once done.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

TamK8
What's DOS?
Views: 501
Message 58 of 139

Hi,

Is there any other solution other than facyory resetting?

RKYadav
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 458
Message 59 of 139

None of the options working. Still, phone restarting again and again.

Useless update phone is equal to waste.

AbyArthunkal
What's DOS?
Views: 429
Message 60 of 139

In recovery mode you see " no command" , just click power button and volume UP key once then you will get options! Try it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors