Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ma95
Serial Port
Views: 2,968
Message 1 of 37

Kenovo k8 plus frequent contact list automatically deleted

Every time I connect my device for charging the phone app automatically deleting the frequent contacts list after updating to Feb 2019 patch level 

Phone app shows empty list in favourite contacts list after connect it to charging why it happening ?

MOD: Edited to fix patch level at poster's request.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,810
Message 2 of 37

Re: Kenovo k8 plus frequent contact list automatically deleted

@Ma95 wrote:

Every time I connect my device for charging the phone app automatically deleting the frequent contacts list after updating to Feb 2018 patch level 

Phone app shows empty list in favourite contacts list after connect it to charging why it happening ?

Hi Ma95,

Thank you for reporting, this is strange not that I have heard. Could you narrate more about the issue?

• Does this happens as soon as you connect to any power source and remove -- resulting in loss of frequent contact. 
  • Check if your issue is happening in Safe Mode. To go to Safe Mode long, long press power button. At the power menu, long press on Power off and it will vibrate and reboot into Safe Mode. Restart to auto exit Safe Mode.

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. This will help us investigate further.

Regards,
Swaraj

Lenovo Support

Vanshi
What's DOS?
Views: 2,673
Message 3 of 37

Before update things were ok but post update this is happening. Even the ringer/notification volume level gets low by itself.

-Vanshi

Ma95
Serial Port
Views: 2,659
Message 4 of 37

I tried 2 or 3 times but it is not working. only the device must switch it off to make charging from AC point will work properly  otherwise the frequent contact list gets empty when the device fully charged while it is switched on 

I too experience d the same issue of what vanshi explained that means incoming profile sound like messages and for calls gets less than 30Percent by itself why it's happening?

Also I am unable to send SMS from both dual Sims at first stage that means I use it only rear times. on the emergency time the message delivery notification shows message not send it's so helplessing me on that time 

Ravi1998
SCSI Port
Views: 2,647
Message 5 of 37

Bro, it might be because in frequent contact tab, contact that you used frequently will show. Older one gets replaced by new one's. If u want a contact to remain there all time, just favourite that contact by tapping on star on contacts. Then, that contact will stay there all time.
Ma95
Serial Port
Views: 2,640
Message 6 of 37

That was not useful frequent list and stared list r different frequent list will show how many days will go  it will never disappear and this list will automatically stored from our saved contacts list when we called them.

apalsania
What's DOS?
Views: 2,619
Message 7 of 37

Along with the contacts getting deleted, I have 2 particular files reappearing in my phone even after deleting

1_unit_15x15_0_goldenFmt.txt  and 4_unit_15x15_0_goldenFmt.txt, any idea about this??

Ravi1998
SCSI Port
Views: 2,612
Message 8 of 37

Those files aslo appears in my file manager. Those are probably diagnostics data which are sent to lenovo for further software improvement which they don't do. U should use favourite to keep your contact in frequent tab. Probably, There are no other option for that unless they give software updates that really fix bugs.

Sourabh13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,552
Message 9 of 37

Sir I'm also facing the same problem from some weeks. I still haven't updated the device after build version nmc26.74-47 for at least 5 months. In my phone the frequently contacted lists are deleting after 48 hours automatically. I've noticed about the mentioned problem of Ma95 during charging but it is fine in my device for 48 hours.After 48 hours automatically deleting the frequently contacted . Please help.

AvgConsumer
What's DOS?
Views: 2,303
Message 10 of 37

I also have the same problem. The frequents are cleared automatically after about 24hrs or during charging. And the volume during phone calls also gets lower sometimes. The latest update has many bugs. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors