Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
droy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 309
Message 1 of 22

Lenovo K8 Enable 3G data for non VOLTE SIM(2nd SIM)

Hi Team,

How to Enable 3G data for non VOLTE SIM on Lenovo K8.

1st SIM is VOLTE SIM, i want volte network on it to receive call only.

2nd SIM need 3G network with data enable option.

Thanks

Dipankar

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 259
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lenovo K8 Enable 3G data for non VOLTE SIM(2nd SIM)

@droy wrote:

Hi Team,

How to Enable 3G data for non VOLTE SIM on Lenovo K8.

1st SIM is VOLTE SIM, i want volte network on it to receive call only.

2nd SIM need 3G network with data enable option.

Thanks

Dipankar

Hi droy,

Greetings from Lenovo,

This is to update you that Lenovo K8 phone has an option when SIM1 is active on calls the SIM2 will go to 3G mode. Make sure SIM2 carrier is providing 3G services & active plan. 

If it is not working please let us know in detail so that we could check on the same. 

Required details:

1. SIM1 carrier name.

2. Error details.

3. is it happening with other SIM cards & carrier.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

droy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 253
Message 3 of 22

Scenario is, 1st sim is jio with LTE, and 2nd sim is using airtel 3g. Want to enable data on airtel sim, but jio sim should not loose 4g signal.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 244
Message 4 of 22

@droy wrote:

Scenario is, 1st sim is jio with LTE, and 2nd sim is using airtel 3g. Want to enable data on airtel sim, but jio sim should not loose 4g signal.

Hi droy,

Thanks for sharing details. Please let us know, are you losing the 4G/LTE connection in Jio SIM1? so that we could look into this matter. 

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Jay24hghu23
Token Ring
Views: 236
Message 5 of 22

Agent nikh are you out of your mind. Jio work only in 4g mode if he enable data on Airtel then jio go to 2g/3g then how it's work.your device is not supported dual 4g lte/ volte. Dump ask this question small children who give you answer and you don't know who made you Lenovo- Moto agent. Now I realised why software update is buggy and customer support is too bad. If they employ dump like you then then how we can aspect good result. 

droy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 229
Message 6 of 22

My old phone k5plus was not a dual volte phone, even my expectations is not 4g data on second sim, i want to enable 2g or 3g data on second sim.

With k5 plus i was able to enable 2g data on second sim when first sim was in jio network. During data switch it was not asking change data sim option.

While data switch why you are forcfully changing network type as LTE?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 222
Message 7 of 22

@droy wrote:

My old phone k5plus was not a dual volte phone, even my expectations is not 4g data on second sim, i want to enable 2g or 3g data on second sim.

With k5 plus i was able to enable 2g data on second sim when first sim was in jio network. During data switch it was not asking change data sim option.

While data switch why you are forcfully changing network type as LTE?

Hi droy,

As informed, Lenovo K8 phone has a technology when SIM1 is active on calls the SIM2 will go to 3G mode automatically. Also, you have an option to change it to 3G/2G.

If the SIM2(Airtel) is not dropping to 3G/2G please check these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Reset the APN settings of SIM2.

2. Remove the SIM2>>Reboot the device>>Insert the SIM2>>Avail the carrier settings again. 

3. If the above checkpoints did not help you to change the SIM2 bands, please share the screenshots.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 219
Message 8 of 22

@Jay24hghu23 wrote:

Agent nikh are you out of your mind. Jio work only in 4g mode if he enable data on Airtel then jio go to 2g/3g then how it's work.your device is not supported dual 4g lte/ volte. Dump ask this question small children who give you answer and you don't know who made you Lenovo- Moto agent. Now I realised why software update is buggy and customer support is too bad. If they employ dump like you then then how we can aspect good result. 

Hi Jay24hghu23,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write here. As we know that Jio works only on 4G & Jio owns spectrum in 850 MHz and 1,800 MHz bands in ten and six circles, respectively, of India's 22 circles, and also owns pan-India licensed 2,300 MHz spectrum respectively Band 3, Band 5 & Band 40. 

We re-request you to read the above post, I was referring to that post as "Are you losing the 4G or LTE connection in Jio SIM1? but not 2G or 3G. Hope, it clarifies you.

As per your post, we see that you have mentioned that the software update has a bug. We request you to share us the more details in specific so that we could look into is.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Jay24hghu23
Token Ring
Views: 215
Message 9 of 22

Sorry 

As per your last paragraph you want to know bug then listen and please reply don't hide your face after reading it

1. Lenovo k8 plus has shutter lag in depth mode ( take time to save image 5-6 sec, your team know very well but didn't give ota)

2. No volte till it's year it's support only jio volte.

3. Yellowish photo in night ( for it why we go to pro mode and do mannual setting there are most of device which has dual tone led flash no one has such kind of issue. See your another device which also has not such issue.)

1st and 3rd problem from starting then tell me what your developer team doing.

1st problem exist in Moto g5s plus but you give Moto camera 2 to Moto g5s plus and remove this bug.

What about k8 plus does it is not your company device. 

Don't suggest clear cache ,restrat, reset ,you and all very well know this problem can be solved only by the ota. For camera tell me when we receive Moto camera 2 it's given to Moto before year ago.

Now give me proper answer and don't say in next update ,we already send this to developer team etc.. now I know very well how your company. I never ever see such kind of company.

There is pain in my finger by writting this issue many time.

Reply if you son of only...

By

Your Frustrated customer

droy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 206
Message 10 of 22

When i am trying to enable 3g data on second sim it is becoming 4g slot, and jio loosing signal.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors