Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Satyaki_990
Paper Tape
Views: 1,052
Message 40 of 322

Re: K8 note restarting repeatedly after oreo update

Updating all apps helps for fews days until new uodates appear for anybof the installed apps.

This is really frustrating.

RamVerma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 41 of 322

This is really getting frustrating now. The phone has become almost unusable now. I tried almost all tricks but nothing works.

I hope someone from Lenovo looks into these customer forums. And they must take some actions to resolve issues.

Lenovo must send an update soon to resolve the issue. 

Kiranmanoj007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,045
Message 42 of 322

I got my phone back from customer care. They changed the motherboard without any charges all done in warranty. Really satisfied with the customer service here in Kochi , Kerala. Runs Oreo now, without any heating issues nor any lag , feels smoother than nougat tbh. And fast chrge works too. 

Best thing to do is give it to the customer care. Do it before warranty period ends. I bought mine during the first flash sale on Amazon. Good luck 

Highlighted
Satyaki_990
Paper Tape
Views: 1,038
Message 43 of 322

Please share an update about phone performance in a weeek or so..

Just to check whether the remedy actually works.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,013
Message 44 of 322

Hi guys,

This is not typical. Please make sure to do the following steps:

When the internal memory of the phone is full or close to full, you may experience a sluggish user interface, latency when switching menus, or in some cases the display freezing or reboot.Check to see how much internal memory is available on the device: Settings > Storage.

-Furthermore, it is recommended to have at least 15% of SD card storage free. It is also advisable that you power cycle your device at least once every 24 hours. Power cycling a device will clear its memory, empty its cache and release any AP (app processor) stuck situations, improving its overall performance.

- Check if your issue is happening in Safe Mode. Long-press volume-down button when phone's start-up screen shows.After the phone starts up, “Safe mode” displays on the bottom left meaning safe mode is entered. After this, observe the phone. Once done observing the phone, restart to auto exit safe mode.

- Try a Factory reset with no restore.

If the issue is still persisting let me know.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

Levi_ye
Paper Tape
Views: 1,003
Message 45 of 322

hi,

what is your sw version,you can find it : settings-----system---About Phone---Build number

could you find reproduced restart issue steps ?

chinia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 996
Message 46 of 322

Sir as I already told, after factory reset , no issue of internal memory as it is minimum after factory reset . I have not inserted the SD card . Tried in safe mode also. The hang and reboot problem is not resolved yet. Why aren't you come with new update or new security patch to overcome the issue . This phone is best of Lenovo before this update. Lenovo itself finished this fact . Plz understand that all the techniques mentioned by you are for temporary solution only.
Plz accept this that there are many bugs in the Oreo update and come with new update as soon as possible otherwise we have to change the brand of our mobile.
Levi_ye
Paper Tape
Views: 999
Message 47 of 322

hi,
what's your device sw version ?
you can find it : settings---system--about phone---build number
Levi_ye
Paper Tape
Views: 929
Message 48 of 322

hi,

what is your sw version,you can find it : settings-----system---About Phone---Build number

could you find reproduced restart issue steps ?

Satyaki_990
Paper Tape
Views: 928
Message 49 of 322

Tried all the above except factory reset as I am yet to backup my data.

Besides, factory is not a feasible solution tonthe problem. The new update obviously broke the system stability. Please work towards developing a permanent fix to the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors