Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendell3781
Punch Card
Views: 1,501
Message 341 of 512

Re: Lenovo K8 Note - Auto Restart issue/Boot Loop

I was running at the latest update last march 5, 2019 and yet, still experiencing bootloop everyday. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is, its just rebooting all of a sudden.sometimes when i am at call, sometimes when i am surfing or playing. Just cant figure out what went wrong. I think the best remedy is still relied on the developer. As long as they didnt make it right and perfect as it was when it is in nougat os. We cannot do anything bout it. 

Indhu85
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,472
Message 342 of 512

Dear Team

My Lenovo K8 plus is automatically rebooting for the last 10 days. I believe this is because of the Oreo update. The service centre guy fixed the issue and said that the issue has been resolved

However, the problem still continues. The service centre guy said that nothing more can be done and that my phone has become technically obsolete.

Please help me to resolve the issue 

Thanks

Indhu Priyadharshini R

Indhu85
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,472
Message 343 of 512

Dear Team

My Lenovo K8 plus is automatically rebooting for the last 10 days. I believe this is because of the Oreo update. The service centre guy fixed the issue and said that the issue has been resolved

However, the problem still continues. The service centre guy said that nothing more can be done and that my phone has become technically obsolete.

Please help me to resolve the issue 

Thanks

Indhu Priyadharshini R

BetaBoy
Punch Card
Views: 1,446
Message 344 of 512

Boot loop issue is a hardware issue and not a software issue. Bootloop issue is caused due to failure in the motherboard parts becomes loose due to fall or even may be due to overheating or water damage. There is NO solution for fixing boot loop. The only solution is buying a fresh mobile.

SJ02
Paper Tape
Views: 1,430
Message 345 of 512

Hi,

I was facing the same issue since last 20 days. My phone used to hang and restart in loop around 8-9 times.

I did factory reset twice but this still did not resolve the issue.

Today I took the phone to the authorized service center and I was told that there are 20% chances that your phone will be fine after doing a software update and 1% chance that your phone might not work at all after this. If nothing works then there is a problem with the mother board and it will be replaced at INR 12000. Just to tell you I bought this piece of crap at INR 13000 only. 

Now as the service center people handed me the phone it haged again and the same loop of restarting started again. 

So the conclusion was that I was asked to buy a new phone since my mother board has gone wrong naf there was no point replacing it. AND "many" people are facing such an issue.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME IF MULTIPLE PEOPLE ARE FACING SUCH AN ISSUE THEN WHY THE HELL IS THE COMPANY NOT DOING ANYTHING TO CORRECT THIS. WHY ARE WE GIVEN FAULTY PHONES. I USED TO THINK LENOVO IS BETTER THAN OTHER BUDGET PHONE COMPANIES BUT NO IT IS WORST AND THE MOST HORRIBLE COMPANY. 

I HAD BOUGHT 3 LENOVO PHONES AND ALL THREE ARE THE SAME.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BY THIS AND WOULD RECOMMEND EVERYONE NOT TO BUY THIS COMPANY'S PHONE AT ANY COST.

GO FOR REDMI, GO FOR SAMSUNG OR EVEN GO FOR OPPO, VIVO. BUT PLEASE DONT BUY LENOVO

Highlighted
mlvprasad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,391
Message 346 of 512

I am facing the auto-restart/boot loop issue in my Lenovo k8 note

I have bought my Lenovo k8 note on 0ctober 12th 2017

from the past 5 days, my phone has been auto-restarting and hanging automatically

I tried :

1.hard  resetting(didn't work as the issue continued after)

2.tried drying up the battery to zero and charging fully up to 100(still didn't work)

3.i didn't give to repair(my warranty period is over and I can't pay bills now)

4.there is no physical damage to my phone

why is this happening ? and I noticed many have this issue with Lenovo k8 note..!!!

SJ02
Paper Tape
Views: 1,390
Message 347 of 512

I think you should buy a new phone... Lenovo is crap and multiple k8 note users are facing this issue. The service center guys are not even considering repairing it 

skp71
Paper Tape
Views: 1,356
Message 348 of 512

Facing boot loop problem/ hanging at Lenovo logo screen  with my k8 note after it received updates. Unable to start in safe mode, i tried other options like factory data reset/wipe cache etc but nothing worked. Then i visited service centre where they tried to flash ROM "without generating Job" sheet and made my phone DEADSmiley Sad. Anyways.....

what i learnt from this event is that "Never update your Phone if it is out of warranty" !!Smiley Frustrated

Service of all the brands for out of warranty devices is same. so be cautious

I am posting here, just to join the Lenovo k8 note victimsSmiley LOL

arjundixit48a
SCSI Port
Views: 1,345
Message 349 of 512

Hello guys!.

I faced the same issue, tried all the basic steps to retrieve my phone to normal working but failed. Then I sought help on this forum but silly lenovo employees didn't have any idea (I just hope they know for which company they are working because they are so fool). None helped. I reached out to some youtubers to get this info sppread out that Lenovo is sending crashable OTA update to its existing customers almost 1 month after the warranty expiry period of most of its Lenovo K8 customers. Tried Lenovo Moto Assistant as well. Then had to wait for 3 months or so. None of above step was fruitful in making company listen to its customers. Then I got a found a post of a customer (who was a lawyer) and was suffering from same issue, he was going to file case in consumer court. I contacted him. I also discussed with some others for this step after 4months of suffering. I collected all the data against the company and in support of my claim. Then for one last time I contacted country head of Lenovo and its other heads to make them aware just in case they didn't had any idea about this bug as they don't visit forum. Within 4 days after so many calls, emails from company, they offered 75% discount. I refused 75%, because I was not guity for that 25% bill as well. After they refused I send all the proofs in my support. Within 4 hours they offered 100% discount and repaired my phone on priority basis. After 5 days, I had my working phone in my hand with changed motherboard (this I can say as IMEI got changed). I tried to help others as well but lenovo deleted my post which I saw today itself. So, I am again posting because they were not able to suppress my voice then and they won't now as well. I will write to help others no matter how many times they delete my post. If any help contact me on arjndixit48@gmail.com

subha420
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,341
Message 350 of 512

I have submitted my phone in a nearby service center. They just opened and checked the device, then refused to repair it and in return they are asking rs 240/- as a service charge (just for opening it). They told me that my device was opened previously by an unauthorized service center and therefore they will not service it. After that I mailed all the heads of lenovo and no one even replied. From last 1 month I was excahnging mails with one guy named Naveen from Lenovo customer satisfaction team, and he also stopped replying me after I have submitted the device in service center!!!!

Now I have left my device in the service center and lodged a complain in th national consumer helpline.

Recently, I have got one call from the service center asking me to take my device back as company is putting pressure on them and telling them that the device is not repairable.!!!!

Just wait and I'll again complain against them in the NCH.....

I am asking all the guys here to lodge a complain in NCH portal...... Don't wait!!!! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors