12-31-2018 01:54 AM - edited 12-31-2018 02:03 AM
Hi All, I am using Lenovo K8 Note mobile phone with latest version of Android Oreo 8 updated.
My phone is restarting automatically every minute and then gets hanged and then restarts again.
I have already tried the below options with no success:
1) Cache partition wipe
2) Factory Reset (using the recovery mode as well)
3) Battery drainage to 0% and then Battery full 100% charge.
The issue still remains and causing me lots of inconvenience.
Please help and advise.
01-04-2019 09:12 AM
You Lenovo people don't even care and that's why many people must be abusing you and your family even though they are not involved. Don't delete posts which shows the real face of Lenovo, its products and staff to all its customers/users on this forum otherwise you will be involving your parents in the abuses directly. The company should improve genuinely and not by deleting posts and cleaning its image by deleting or modifying its customers who paid you money to buy products.
01-29-2019 05:18 AM
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" (instructions below) and see if it will start up in there. If it will, then you have something on the device that needs to be removed. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. If it won't start up in "Safe Mode" then I would try a "Hard Reset" again (instructions also below). Should neither work, then you will have to have the device looked at by a tech.
To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.
1. First turn off the phone.
2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.
3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.
4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, کادو ولنتاین to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the phone...
1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.
6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.
10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
02-02-2019 04:23 AM
Check my post indicating this same issue. You can find the solution there.
And in simple words, the solution is to change the battery ASAP. And to the techie people who want to argue with the suggested solution: I am an owner of a monetized YouTube channel and I know far better than you and my phone went far worse than this where the phone doesn't even stay up on for more than 1 min. Logically, the solution doesn't feel much convincing but believe me guys, this is the only wierd solution — coz this is LENOVO™
So, go get your batteries replaced.
04-15-2019 02:30 AM
Please do not start new threads before searching for existing threads on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There is already a long discussion on this here, so please post there.
Locking this thread.