Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 225
Message 21 of 34

Re: k8 plus orignal chrger taking 10hrs to chrge

Hey dude,

I am using the very same charger that came in box. Before Oreo update(specifically 5sep) it was working absolutely fine. 2:15to2:30 to full charge. But this problem has arisen after 5sep patch update. 

Though I have used another 5V/2A chargers ,they did perfect on other phones but not on my one. And surprisingly this k8 plus charger also worked decent on other phones. 

Can I use mi 10000mah power bank? 

Now I have understood lenovo sucks at everything. No moto lenovo agent has helped me till now. This half day to charge problem has pissed me off .I won't buy any lenovo product. Xiaomi is far much better

BTW my name is Rishi Raj Singh and not Rishu Raj Singh....

Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 187
Message 22 of 34

I am connecting my k8 plus with any other 5V/2A lenovo charger or any other , it is showing "Charging on USB" instead of "Charging on AC" . It is not able to differentiate between AC source and USB source. 

And this is the reason it is taking half a day to charge.  

Look at ss while it was put on AC power supply source.

Screenshot_20181026-132825.pngLook at battery

No one from lenovo has helped yet.

Lenovo is worst. Please noone buy any product of these *removed*

Edited: Pls. comply with the site rules  -preferred language-Daisy

Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 159
Message 23 of 34

No response yet from lenovo. I am waiting for help from last 10days. I'm in deep trouble. I  am connecting my k8 plus with any other 5V/2A lenovo charger or any other , it is showing "Charging on USB" instead of "Charging on AC" . It is not able to differentiate between AC source and USB source. 

And this is the reason it is taking half a day to charge.  

Look at ss while it was put on AC power supply source.

Screenshot_20181026-132825.pngLook at batteryLook at battery

No one from lenovo has helped yet.

Lenovo is worst. Please noone buy any product of these *removed*

Edited: Pls. comply with the site rules  -preferred language-Daisy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 142
Message 24 of 34

Hi Rishurajas_2309,

For your battery issue-- try to calibrate the battery Hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. 

You can try to do Safe mode while charging and see if the issue is the same.

-Daisy

Nad3
Punch Card
Views: 127
Message 25 of 34

I am also facing this problem bro. One month before my k8 plus is not getting charged with any charger but after 2 or 3 days it started charging normally.and again after few days of normal charging it again stopped charging.dont know whether it's software or hardware problem but you can try changing cable.does your adapter is making loud noise while charging my also making loud noise?

I am not going to buy any Lenovo product again in my life because quality of their products is not good as compared to others

Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 110
Message 26 of 34

Dear Daisy,

I tried both steps but didn't work out. Calibrating battery doesn't seems to work. Whether I charge with any charger , it takes 10-12 hrs.

Problem persisted in Safe Mode as well.

It seems to be software problem as phone is unable to differentiate between AC and USB power source. While I use any source of them it shows only USB source. Please rectify the problem ASAP in next patch update. Please roll out new update solving this Problem. Please

With regards

Rishi Raj Singh

Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 151
Message 27 of 34

Re: Too slow charging on Lenovo K8 Note

Daisy,

My k8 plus is now not even acknowledge any AC source , it shows every AC source as "CHARGING ON USB". It takes 12 hrs to charge my k8 plus.

This is a serious software issue which is now annoying every k8 plus user. Either resolve it asap or provide facility to downgrade to nougat version or update to pie 9.0 version or any other stable Android version. That would be way better than this oreo version. 

I have discussed in another thread  about different steps taken by me to resolve problem but nothing helped me out.

Please help us Lenovo. We are your customers. Please

Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 88
Message 28 of 34

Re: turbo charging

Hey lenovo and help support,

Please tell me steps to downgrade my k8 plus (in warranty) from Oreo 8.0.0 version to Nougat 7.1.1 as i am facing half day to charge my phone problem. I didn't find help by

1. Changing charger, 

2. Changing cable

3. By resetting (settings and complete) my phone.

4. Using in safe mode 

5. Calibrating battery by keeping 1 hour extra charge after 100%.

I thougt Charger would be causing problem but charger worked absolutely fine (40-45% of 4000mah in 1 hour) to other phones.

it seems to be a software problem as k8 plus September patch update disables to differentiate between AC and USB power source. It only shows charging on USB besides on AC supply. 

Second problem is fast drain of battery because all 8 cores are always active whether being on normal usage. Optimize this as well.

I tried every step but nothing helped me out. Charger worked perfectly with other phones proves that charger is absolutely fine. 

Lenovo work on this problem  first as a lot of my friends are also having this same problem. Rectify this problem first asap as it is annoying and irritating to charge for half a day. Please help me. 

Rishurajas_2309
Serial Port
Views: 135
Message 29 of 34

Re: Lenovo k8 plus performance

Hey lenovo and help support,

Please tell me steps to downgrade my k8 plus (in warranty) from Oreo 8.0.0 version to Nougat 7.1.1 as i am facing half day to charge my phone problem. I didn't find help by

1. Changing charger,

2. Changing cable

3. By resetting (settings and complete) my phone.

4. Using in safe mode

5. Calibrating battery by keeping 1 hour extra charge after 100%.

I thougt Charger would be causing problem but charger worked absolutely fine (40-45% of 4000mah in 1 hour) to other phones.

it seems to be a software problem as k8 plus September patch update disables to differentiate between AC and USB power source. It only shows charging on USB besides on AC supply.

Second problem is fast drain of battery because all 8 cores are always active whether being on normal usage. Optimize this as well.

I tried every step but nothing helped me out. Charger worked perfectly with other phones proves that charger is absolutely fine.

Lenovo work on this problem first as a lot of my friends are also having this same problem. Rectify this problem first asap as it is annoying and irritating to charge for half a day. Please help me.
Highlighted
Komal89
What's DOS?
Views: 104
Message 30 of 34

Lenovo k8 plus Charging is very slow

I have been using this mobile form.past 10 months and now ah problem occurred firstly it takes below 2 hours to full charge but now it shows slow charging and takes almost 6 hours approximately i need to unplug the charger and cable and again plug in so that it takes 3hours to full charge what should i do now but mobile performance is awesonathe only defect is this in my mobile

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors