Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DjDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 535
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo k8 plus stability Issue

I've updated my k8 plus today with GPS update and even after all these updates the youtube subscription feed still starts lagging in k8 plus while scrolling after playing any video(this issue started in oreo update). Solve this youtube subscription scrolling bug ASAP. Screen mirroring still doesn't work. Also, you should make it clear if you can or cannot provide oreo 8.1 update. Also add night mode so that the device can be used effectively at night. Games like pubg are lagging even though it has helio P25 chipset. Provide camera Api 2.0 if you can so that google camera app can be used. 

Jay32652626
Punch Card
Views: 483
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo k8 plus stability Issue

If you can't able to give camera 2 api so give us Moto camera 2 you fool

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 457
Message 3 of 11

@DjDude wrote:

I've updated my k8 plus today with GPS update and even after all these updates the youtube subscription feed still starts lagging in k8 plus while scrolling after playing any video(this issue started in oreo update). Solve this youtube subscription scrolling bug ASAP. Screen mirroring still doesn't work. Also, you should make it clear if you can or cannot provide oreo 8.1 update. Also add night mode so that the device can be used effectively at night. Games like pubg are lagging even though it has helio P25 chipset. Provide camera Api 2.0 if you can so that google camera app can be used. 

Hello DjDude,

Thanks for posting, we thank you for your feedback—will pass it along. For your other issues—could you share us a sample video showing what you see in terms of lag while scrolling youtube feed? We would like to take a look.

Best regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

DjDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 430
Message 4 of 11

Whenever i play any video in youtube subscription the scrolling becomes very laggy. I've solution for this problem which is disabling hardware overlays in developer options but it cosumes too much battery if it is turned on. Currently I'm unable to upload video of that problen as mp4 format is not supported in here but you can find information about this problem on google.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 408
Message 5 of 11

@DjDude wrote:

Whenever i play any video in youtube subscription the scrolling becomes very laggy. I've solution for this problem which is disabling hardware overlays in developer options but it cosumes too much battery if it is turned on. Currently I'm unable to upload video of that problen as mp4 format is not supported in here but you can find information about this problem on google.

Thanks for trying, that's odd. Let me report this further. We do not see any report on this though and sounds like device specific. Will keep you posted if we need additional information.

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

DjDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 396
Message 6 of 11

Yeah, i will keep posting as much information as you need to solve this issue and make sure that mp4 format should be supported in lenovo forums as soon as possible. I tried to format my phone too but still the issue persists. Youtube still lags after playing any video.

And also, keep providing support to your customers to improve brand reputation.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 335
Message 7 of 11

@DjDude wrote:

Yeah, i will keep posting as much information as you need to solve this issue and make sure that mp4 format should be supported in lenovo forums as soon as possible. I tried to format my phone too but still the issue persists. Youtube still lags after playing any video.

And also, keep providing support to your customers to improve brand reputation.

Thanks! In the meantime, please save the video to your drive and share us the link—this will help us investigate further.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

DjDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 326
Message 8 of 11

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19KXMuoQRupEp9Ho0aXOg2zmxjyAEhyyi/view?usp=drivesdk

You can check this video which shows that youtube app is lagging and stuttering alot while playing any of the videos which is quite annoying for me as i use youtube on daily basis. Let me know if i can provide you further information related to this issue. And i guess this issue is somehow related to HW overlays as i can use youtube smoothly by disabling hardware overlays in developer options which causes more battery drainage. And the issue started when i updated k8 plus to oreo and recently I've updated to GPS update.  Current Build No. Is OMC27.70-56 .

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 169
Message 9 of 11

Hi DjDude,

Thanks for the sample video but I haven't seen any lags or delay response of the touchscreen. I had my team checked this and everything looks normal. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

DjDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 103
Message 10 of 11

Well, when I'm recording the screen or using any application with youtube in multiwindow or if I'm using color correction or color inversion in settings apparently youtube app doesn't lag but when i use it normally the scrolling becomes very laggy and stutters alot after playing any video.

I don't wanna waste my time convincing you that my youtube is lagging as it really is lagging. If you have a solution or if you can find a solution tell me and just don't make exuces that you can't see it lagging or anything as I'm facing these problem after the oreo update even after factory reset and your service centers don't have a solution.

I'll suggest that Lenovo should provide a stable OS update as many of your customers are facing alot of issues because the current OS provided by lenovo is not stable at all. Just take one of the K8 plus and use it with any other smartphone having helio P25 you'll surely feel that performance on K8 plus is way too much lower than others having same chipset.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors