Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK8 [XT1902] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-29-2015

United States

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 2

My Lenovo k8 note powers off suddenly

2020-10-13, 15:11 PM

Hello there, my phone stops working abruptly. Particularly when I open another app like WhatsApp or YouTube or even an incoming call. If I reboot it, it immediately shutsdown. 

The problem diminishes if it is connected to a power source. My hunch is that the initial surge in current required cannot be provided for. Maybe a capacitor or a resettable fuse in the motherboard could be faulty. May even be a software issue.

I've run Lenovo hardware diagnostics. Everything appears normal. I'm inserting some screenshots so that it makes it easier to understand the problem.

Thanks in advance brothers!

Answer
Options

2138 Posts

05-25-2016

India

2463 Signins

28049 Page Views

• Views: 28049

Re:My Lenovo k8 note powers off suddenly

2020-10-14, 6:06 AM

Hey,

what about your battery life? And make sure power saving mode is off. As mentioned by you this could be a hardware issue, but you can still try a factory reset to rule that out. Before that, try resetting the app preferences from Settings/Apps/ click on the 3 dots. Sometimes certain bugged apps in background can create this issue.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

2138 Posts

05-25-2016

India

2463 Signins

28049 Page Views

• Views: 28049
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:My Lenovo k8 note powers off suddenly

2020-10-14, 6:06 AM

Hey,

what about your battery life? And make sure power saving mode is off. As mentioned by you this could be a hardware issue, but you can still try a factory reset to rule that out. Before that, try resetting the app preferences from Settings/Apps/ click on the 3 dots. Sometimes certain bugged apps in background can create this issue.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms