Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Parveenky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 1 of 6

November security update

i am using k8note,after 5th November security update,high heating and high battery drainage problem comes......,phone continuosly reboots, also during incoming and outgoing calls..... Huge lag problem...

I visited service centre two times after the update,but they also doesn't have any solution for it

rk7751
Punch Card
Views: 232
Message 2 of 6

Re: November security update

Why the hell i bought lenovo phone ??? Every company gives out update to improve phone performance but lenovo is one company which give update to detoriate performance of phone.

Firstly gave Oreo update from nougat. Installed it battery drain started and laggy performance. Then 5th sept update,proximity sensor stopped working correctly and battery drain continues. 

And now 5th Nov. update ,instead of charging the battery continues to discharge when on A.C charge. The hell downside to lenovo and lenovo developer team. Stop giving update and making the phone worse than ever.Smiley Mad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 157
Message 3 of 6

Hi guys,

The upgrade itself uses a good deal of power, and it continues to use power over the following hours as all of your apps and systems update. This is perfectly normal and can lead to temporarily shortened battery life and higher temperatures. Our research shows that it can take up to a week or 10 days before battery life stabilizes after an OS upgrade. Please do not draw conclusions about your battery life soon after it upgrades.

What we do recommend is to update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial or IMEI number. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your apps. This way, if you find battery issues down the road, we will have check-in data to help us find the reason.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

rk7751
Punch Card
Views: 147
Message 4 of 6

As you have asked i have updated my profile. But couldn't find my phone carrier i.e JIO in the list. Hope your words are correct and my phone will give good battery backup after 10 days.

But now new issues are occuring. Like once i switch off my mobile data and try to re connect then internet will not get on. Hence i have to restart mobile or switch on and off flight mode to connect mobile to Internet.

Proximity sensor is not working properly.

All in all worst phone to have as even the basic feature of a phone cannot be used i.e calling. When you are on call the sreen gets lit on and hence some options get on like mute, add call or hold. When get out of a house to road ,it will not automaticall adjust light. Hence so difficult to shade mobile,unlock and then increase the brightness....

And many more issues are there...But don't want to waste my time writing here as you never help the user. *removed*

Have had redmi phones in past , as soon as around 100-200 people report an issue or bug they give updates within weeks to stabilise the phones. 

But here i am seeing that after oreo update 1000(thousands) of user are complaining of battery drain,proximity sensor and so on but you haven't given an update to resolve them.

Instead just getting rid off by giving security patch updates which has been made mandatory by google.....Very poor support and no use of creating forum if you are not willing to hear about defects in your product and instead of helping users imposing superstitious thing like after an dupdate phone needs 10 days to stabilise.

I am not a first time smartphone user. Also the biggest let down i think is not able to downgrade the software version. As i think Nougat is more stable that Oreo in lenovo k8 plus.

Hope will not get any reply over these....any time soon.............

Edited: Please comply to Lenovo Site rules

rk7751
Punch Card
Views: 146
Message 5 of 6

I am ok with your terms and conditions to monitor my app usage.
rk7751
Punch Card
Views: 51
Message 6 of 6

Daisy ...where gone ??? No reply after getting the permission...This is how it works here ???

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors