Message 8 of 17

Proximity sensor stopped after updating to Oreo 8.0.0

Anand_K8note
Paper Tape
Views: 5,387
Message 1 of 17

K8 Note - Lenovo proximity Sensor not working

Hi ,

I just bought Lenovo k8 note 2 days before from day 1 I am feeling difficulty while making calls proximity sensor are not working. It's really irritating to speak on call while lots of background works happening by my ear touch as sensor not working . Please do some help or take my mobile back and refund the money. If we can't even speak in a phone then it's not at all a phone. 

Please do the needful

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

JD1986
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,132
Message 2 of 17

Re: K8 Note - Lenovo proximity Sensor not working

I am also facing the same issue. Screen doesn't turn off automatically when phone touches my ear. Let us know if it is an software issue and can be fixed via update. If hardware issue then give me money back.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,128
Message 3 of 17

Hi everyone, 

You can go to Help App and run a dignostic on the device. If it detects that there's an issue on the proximity sensor, I would suggest sending it in for a repair. 

Here's our Lenovo Service Provider full list: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht118678

Regards,

Venice 

Moto-Lenovo Support 

asbhatt
Paper Tape
Views: 5,121
Message 4 of 17

You can run the diagnosis on Lenovo Help app.That fixed the problem for me. Smiley Happy

Naresham
Paper Tape
Views: 5,013
Message 5 of 17

Hi Venice,
I am also facing this issue since the beginning on K8 Note. It's not a proximity sensor issue because when you keep the phone on your ear the screen goes black. However, if the phone moves on the ear while on the call the screen lights up, and since it is ON the notification gets pulled down a bit and based on the ear touches one or more of the quick settings on the top get activated - in my case Airplane (call disconnects), Bluetooth, etc.
Note that when you realize the screen is ON and you take the phone away and back to the ear, the screen goes black. If you ensure you don't move the phone to adjust the phone to your ear while on the call, the screen will not light up.
This shows is not a sensor issue but a bug that makes the screen go ON on calls even when on the ear. The diagnostics also show the sensor to be ok.
As a workaround I press the power button after making or receiving a call to force OFF the screen, and then place the phone on my ear to ensure the screen does not light up.
Request you to please investigate.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,971
Message 6 of 17

@Naresham wrote:
Hi Venice,
I am also facing this issue since the beginning on K8 Note. It's not a proximity sensor issue because when you keep the phone on your ear the screen goes black. However, if the phone moves on the ear while on the call the screen lights up, and since it is ON the notification gets pulled down a bit and based on the ear touches one or more of the quick settings on the top get activated - in my case Airplane (call disconnects), Bluetooth, etc.
Note that when you realize the screen is ON and you take the phone away and back to the ear, the screen goes black. If you ensure you don't move the phone to adjust the phone to your ear while on the call, the screen will not light up.
This shows is not a sensor issue but a bug that makes the screen go ON on calls even when on the ear. The diagnostics also show the sensor to be ok.
As a workaround I press the power button after making or receiving a call to force OFF the screen, and then place the phone on my ear to ensure the screen does not light up.
Request you to please investigate.

Hi Naresham, 

Try booting it on Safe Mode and observe. Press and hold Power button until "Power off" shows then press and hold "Power off" until "Reboot to safe mode" shows and touch "OK". 

Regards, 

Venice 

Moto-Lenovo Support 

Vel12
What's DOS?
Views: 3,161
Message 7 of 17

Screen is not offing during a phone call

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,089
Message 9 of 17

Re: Proximity sensor stopped after updating to Oreo 8.0.0

Hi Anant12,

This is not typical. Are you using any protective screen/case? Does your phone have any physical/liquid damage? 

If there are no damages, try the following:

-Safely remove the accessories then restart the phone

-Test your phone in Lenovo Help app

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

ginzon
Punch Card
Views: 1,078
Message 10 of 17

Re: Proximity sensor stopped after updating to Oreo 8.0.0

Hello,

Oreo screwed it up as earlier the proximity detected above 1cm unlike now only 1cm..

I know this coz I had created a Task using Automate when android was N and that task started misbehaving due to O upgrade, had a hard time getting in my phone due to that..

Phone: Lenovo K8 Note

I would still love that more distance, it really helps.. This 1cm is of not much use...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors