cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 951
Message 1 of 20

SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

I got a notification last month February 20th saying my sd card is corrupted in my Lenovo k8 note phone.

I tried restarting 2 or 3 the same day and the problem remained unchanged. Then later I removed and used a card reader on my computer every time it showed corrupted in my phone. The sd card will be checked and repaired. After checking and repair it will work for some time alone on my phone again. Then again it will say corrupted.

I tried using the same sd card in my friends mobile it was working fine and I used his sd card it showed the same as corrupt. I even formatted the card numerous times and tried the result was the same.

I even tried factory resetting my phone once and i have also tried by using a brand new sd card.

Today after weeks of trial and formatting  I found out that its the issue is with my phone, not the memory cards.

because it works fine with my laptop and other phones.

only my Lenovo k8 note says it's corrupted. 

the worst part is the files I move or copy to the sd card disappears sometimes and sometimes the sd card itself disappears from my phone.

I don't know why this is happening. but I would be happy if u help me out with this soon. This has something to do with the software because when I connect the sd cards through an OTG card reader it shows as unsupported.

Jo
Regine147
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-18-2019
Location: US
Views: 926
Message 2 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note


@JowinWinsonA wrote:

I got a notification last month February 20th saying my sd card is corrupted in my Lenovo k8 note phone.

I tried restarting 2 or 3 the same day and the problem remained unchanged. Then later I removed and used a card reader on my computer every time it showed corrupted in my phone. The sd card will be checked and repaired. After checking and repair it will work for some time alone on my phone again. Then again it will say corrupted.

I tried using the same sd card in my friends mobile it was working fine and I used his sd card it showed the same as corrupt. I even formatted the card numerous times and tried the result was the same.

I even tried factory resetting my phone once and i have also tried by using a brand new sd card.

Today after weeks of trial and formatting  I found out that its the issue is with my phone, not the memory cards.

because it works fine with my laptop and other phones.

only my Lenovo k8 note says it's corrupted. 

the worst part is the files I move or copy to the sd card disappears sometimes and sometimes the sd card itself disappears from my phone click here.

I don't know why this is happening. but I would be happy if u help me out with this soon. This has something to do with the software because when I connect the sd cards through an OTG card reader it shows as unsupported.


One of the biggest advantages of using an Android smartphone is the option to expand the storage of your smartphone using an SDcard

JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 906
Message 3 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

But that is the worst problem if it doesn't work as it is supposed to be.

Waiting and expecting the issue to be fixed by the April update... 

Please do see to this matter and solve it as soon as possible thank you in advance

Jo
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,941
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 840
Message 4 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note


@JowinWinsonA wrote:

But that is the worst problem if it doesn't work as it is supposed to be.

Waiting and expecting the issue to be fixed by the April update... 

Please do see to this matter and solve it as soon as possible thank you in advance


Hello JowinWinsonA,

 

Thanks for sharing additional information, we would like to help. Just to narrow down—does this happens with other SD cards that you have tried? If yes, it also indicates a bad SD card port—not sure though. 

 

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

 

Here is how to capture a Bug Report:

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug Report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behaviour.

 

Let us know if you have any questions?

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 828
Message 5 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

I  formatted my SD Card and inserted it in my Phone.

it worked fine for a few minutes. then it showed corrupted sd card.

i have taken the bug report as u have explained.

the following is the link for it.

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sfLnL_y-S8hOYRLFTrPEh3Z_Cd9ddzGD/view?usp=sharing

 

thank u for your suggestions I think I have followed everything as far as I can

waiting for a positive response

 

Jo
JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 827
Message 6 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

i have given the link for the bug report
Jo
JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 827
Message 7 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

this happens for every sd card i tried
Jo
JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 827
Message 8 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

i have been facing the issue for last 30 days
please do the needfull
Jo
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,941
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 754
Message 9 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note


@JowinWinsonA wrote:
i have been facing the issue for last 30 days
please do the needfull

Hi JowinWinsonA,

 

Thanks for the Bug report, we have shared your report with our engineer team for further evaluation. Will keep you posted once I hear back from the team.

 

In the meantime, could you also share the types/Brand/Storage of the SD cards you have tried? We will let you know if we might need additional information.

 

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Best regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

JowinWinsonA
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-04-2015
Location: IN
Views: 740
Message 10 of 20

Re: SD CARD says Corrupted in Lenovo K8 Note

1 used a 32GB Sandisk SDHC Class 10 memory card when I faced this problem for the first time.

I have used 

16GB Toshiba Class 4

16GB Sandisk Class 4 SDHC

4GB Sandisk Class 10 SDHC

now I am using a 64GB Sandisk SDXC Class 10

now I have stopped experimenting the memory cards because i factory reset my phone and have backed up my memory card data in my laptop.

even though I have my 64GB Sandisk SDXC Class 10 always in my phone.

sometimes it shows that it is corrupted

sometimes it doesn't show anything

and sometimes it shows the name alone but I am not able to access or view any of the files in it

Jo

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors