Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashishchauhan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 402
Message 1 of 5

Screen flickering lenovo k8 note plus

My Lenovo k8 note plus was working fine but suddenly its screen starts flickering. Touch is working fine but it's display gets on off frequently, sometimes half screen shown or sometimes the light of screen goes on dimming to zero. Then I had to lock it and had to push lock on off button many times so that screen appears otherwise it remains blank. And then sometimes it will work for 1-2 min or sometimes 5-10 sec or keep going off and coming back. 

What's is the problem in my mobile and solution for this.

Suptem
Punch Card
Views: 363
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen flickering lenovo k8 note plus

If this is happening after upgrading to Android 8, just throw it up onto some customer care center and yell at them to get that thing fixed. No other solution ever worked for any of the Lenovo k8 users.

Guru
Views: 346
Message 3 of 5

@Ashishchauhan wrote:

My Lenovo k8 note plus was working fine but suddenly its screen starts flickering. Touch is working fine but it's display gets on off frequently, sometimes half screen shown or sometimes the light of screen goes on dimming to zero. Then I had to lock it and had to push lock on off button many times so that screen appears otherwise it remains blank. And then sometimes it will work for 1-2 min or sometimes 5-10 sec or keep going off and coming back. 

What's is the problem in my mobile and solution for this.

Hey,

I think that is a hardware issue, it happens usually when the ribbon cables to the display is damaged. Does the display flicker while in boot screen?  Keep your data backed up to prevent data lose.

Try turnng off automatic brightness. Have you recently installed any application or updated the device? 

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Ashishchauhan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 336
Message 4 of 5

@ommon4u1 sir, 

It do not flicker during boot time..more than Flickering it going off and on. Sometimes screen shrinks to half and starts fading turns red and then black, goes off.

Sometimes it goes off but a little black or glowing light of screen can be seen. And then suddenly it will come up and again goes off.

One important thing I noted screen flickers mostly when I switch from one screen to other. Like I am on homepage and i open contacts then it flickers or goes off.

What can be the issue..

Guru
Views: 290
Message 5 of 5

@Ashishchauhan wrote:

@ommon4u1 sir, 

It do not flicker during boot time..more than Flickering it going off and on. Sometimes screen shrinks to half and starts fading turns red and then black, goes off.

Sometimes it goes off but a little black or glowing light of screen can be seen. And then suddenly it will come up and again goes off.

One important thing I noted screen flickers mostly when I switch from one screen to other. Like I am on homepage and i open contacts then it flickers or goes off.

What can be the issue..

Hi,

There is a high chance that it is a software issue. Based on your comment the issue occurs when Android OS is able to decide whether to use hardware GPU or software CPU. Thats why the screen flash while you are using phone. Try booting into safe mode and see if the screen flicker. To boot into safe mode Press the power button  >  tap and hold shut down option.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors