Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesK8 [XT1902] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

157 Posts

11-16-2017

India

450 Signins

2942 Page Views

• Views: 2942
  • Message 1 of 14

[❗URGENT❗] K8 Note: Problems after Oreo update that still have NOT been fixed with June Patch

2018-06-10, 12:16 PM

The Oreo update, that was released (untested) in April brought countless problems and made all the users suffer a lot. Lenovo started rolling out another update during late May, which they said will fix all the problems. While the charging and battery draining issues have been fixed for some of the users, they didn't fix all the other problems that they gave birth to with the Oreo update. I am listing them out below.

A note to the admins: Before you lock this thread saying that it has multiple topics, etc., please use some intellect and know that I am doing it only to make it easier for the developers to fix the problems ASAP, as all the users have been suffering a lot since a long time. It's better for them to have them all listed at a single place so that they don't miss out any of them! Also, I'd request you to pin this thread, if possible, because it's high time they fixed all the bugs. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Here's a list of the problems that the Oreo update brought that still have NOT been fixed with the May patch:
1. Dolby Atmos quick setting tile missing: Dolby Atmos icon from the quick settings menu went missing after the Oreo update and it's still missing after the May patch. On Nougat, it was so convenient to just swipe down the status bar (while using any app) and turn Dolby Atmos on or off or change profiles by holding its icon. After Oreo, it's SO ANNOYING to go back to home screen again and again, swipe up to open app drawer, find Dolby Atmos from the list, tap to open it, and then turn it on or off, or change profiles!

2. High system RAM usage: After updating to Oreo, the system RAM usage is always high, which is the biggest reason for fast battery drain. On Nougat, the System never consumed more than 1.1 GB of RAM. It used to stay between 900 MB to 1.1 GB, always. But after the Oreo update, it skyrocketed to 1.9 GB. Now, even after one and a half month of updating to Oreo, it still stays at around 1.8 GB most of the time. The least it goes is 1.4 GB, that too very rarely.
Here's an old screenshot from Nougat:

After updating to Oreo:

3. Can't turn data connection on/off: Everyone is well aware of this problem. So I don't need to explain it. This issue, that came with the Oreo update, still persists after the May patch.
(I hope anyone else didn't get charged with an insane amount by their carrier, like happened with me, just because of this bug. I even got almost fired from my job, because I wasn't able to receive and send emails for a day, because my K8 Note hogged up all my data by the afternoon of 2nd June, even though I had turned the data connection off in the morning, all thanks to Lenovo and their ignorant developers!)
This is surely the most annoying bug in the list.

4. Camera stores videos in .3gp format: Since the Oreo update, the videos recorded with the stock camera app get stored in 3gp format. And it hasn't been fixed after the May patch. Who the hell uses 3gp in today's world, that too for a 1080p video? I wonder why they wrote "Camera improvements" in its reease notes, because even that so-called depth mode is still crappy and useless. (Kinda off-topic but kudos to Lenovo for the way they false advertised about the camera during the launch event of K8 Note! ?)

If I missed out any problem that was brought with Oreo update, please reply to this thread. I'll add it to the list. Let's hope they get fixed as early as possible!

Options

1045 Posts

10-08-2015

India

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: [❗URGENT❗] K8 Note: Problems after Oreo update that still have NOT been fixed with June Patch

2018-06-11, 14:51 PM

wrote:

The Oreo update, that was released (untested) in April brought countless problems and made all the users suffer a lot. Lenovo started rolling out another update during late May, which they said will fix all the problems. While the charging and battery draining issues have been fixed for some of the users, they didn't fix all the other problems that they gave birth to with the Oreo update. I am listing them out below.

A note to the admins: Before you lock this thread saying that it has multiple topics, etc., please use some intellect and know that I am doing it only to make it easier for the developers to fix the problems ASAP, as all the users have been suffering a lot since a long time. It's better for them to have them all listed at a single place so that they don't miss out any of them! Also, I'd request you to pin this thread, if possible, because it's high time they fixed all the bugs. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Here's a list of the problems that the Oreo update brought that still have NOT been fixed with the May patch:
1. Dolby Atmos quick setting tile missing: Dolby Atmos icon from the quick settings menu went missing after the Oreo update and it's still missing after the May patch. On Nougat, it was so convenient to just swipe down the status bar (while using any app) and turn Dolby Atmos on or off or change profiles by holding its icon. After Oreo, it's SO ANNOYING to go back to home screen again and again, swipe up to open app drawer, find Dolby Atmos from the list, tap to open it, and then turn it on or off, or change profiles!

2. High system RAM usage: After updating to Oreo, the system RAM usage is always high, which is the biggest reason for fast battery drain. On Nougat, the System never consumed more than 1.1 GB of RAM. It used to stay between 900 MB to 1.1 GB, always. But after the Oreo update, it skyrocketed to 1.9 GB. Now, even after one and a half month of updating to Oreo, it still stays at around 1.8 GB most of the time. The least it goes is 1.4 GB, that too very rarely.
Here's an old screenshot from Nougat:

After updating to Oreo:

3. Can't turn data connection on/off: Everyone is well aware of this problem. So I don't need to explain it. This issue, that came with the Oreo update, still persists after the May patch.
(I hope anyone else didn't get charged with an insane amount by their carrier, like happened with me, just because of this bug. I even got almost fired from my job, because I wasn't able to receive and send emails for a day, because my K8 Note hogged up all my data by the afternoon of 2nd June, even though I had turned the data connection off in the morning, all thanks to Lenovo and their ignorant developers!)
This is surely the most annoying bug in the list.

4. Camera stores videos in .3gp format: Since the Oreo update, the videos recorded with the stock camera app get stored in 3gp format. And it hasn't been fixed after the May patch. Who the hell uses 3gp in today's world, that too for a 1080p video? I wonder why they wrote "Camera improvements" in its reease notes, because even that so-called depth mode is still crappy and useless. (Kinda off-topic but kudos to Lenovo for the way they false advertised about the camera during the launch event of K8 Note! ?)

If I missed out any problem that was brought with Oreo update, please reply to this thread. I'll add it to the list. Let's hope they get fixed as early as possible!

Hi Manavmarwah,

Greetings from Lenovo,

This type of product quality is not typical and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Request you to update your profile with current phone, IMEI and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy is on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Click here to update your profile.

Thank you

Nikh

Lenovo Support Team

Options

17 Posts

08-30-2016

India

23 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340
  • Message 3 of 14

Re: [❗URGENT❗] K8 Note: Problems after Oreo update that still have NOT been fixed with June Patch

2018-06-11, 18:44 PM

3gp videos are so poor ... And Dolby Atmos they just made it useless ...

Options

157 Posts

11-16-2017

India

450 Signins

2942 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2018-06-13, 12:51 PM

Hi Manavmarwah,

Greetings from Lenovo,

This type of product quality is not typical and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Request you to update your profile with current phone, IMEI and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy is on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Click here to update your profile.

Thank you

Nikh

Lenovo Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Please note that the problems that I have mentioned aren't individual. It's the same with every K8 Note user who has updated to Oreo. There's no point in wasting your time checking users' apps and data when it's the developers' fault and only they can fix them. Take ANY Oreo updated K8 Note and you'll find these problems in it.

I want this message to reach your software developers so that they can release an OTA update fixing all the issues and bugs ASAP. The Oreo update on K8 Note had started rolling out on 15th of April, and it's been 2 months since then and the bugs are still unfixed. The update that was released ilast month promised to fix the bugs but all it did was update the security patch and nothing else. All the bugs are still there and everyone has been suffering so much! We've spent our hard-earned money on your product and you can't just get away after pushing an untested and buggy software update that has ruined the phone!

Options

157 Posts

11-16-2017

India

450 Signins

2942 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2018-06-13, 13:01 PM

[An admin deleted this reply of mine for unknown reason, hence I am posting it again]

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Please note that the problems that I have mentioned aren't individual. It's the same with every K8 Note user who has updated to Oreo. There's no point in wasting your time checking users' apps and data when it's the developers' fault and only they can fix them. Take ANY Oreo updated K8 Note and you'll find these problems in it.

I want this message to reach your software developers so that they can release an OTA update fixing all the issues and bugs ASAP. The Oreo update on K8 Note had started rolling out on 15th of April, and it's been 2 months since then and the bugs are still unfixed. The update that was released during late May promised to fix the bugs but all it did was update the security patch and nothing else. All the bugs are still there and everyone has been suffering so much! We've spent our hard-earned money on your product and you guys can't just get away after pushing an untested and buggy software update that has ruined the phone!

Options

157 Posts

11-16-2017

India

450 Signins

2942 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2018-06-19, 3:36 AM

Should we expect any update on this or not? It's been more than two months since you released the "bugs" and they still haven't been fixed, even after making users suffer so much! Like how can a company be so irresponsible? If it were the case with any other known companies like Samsung, Apple or even Xiaomi, they would have done it in less than a week. Then why not Lenovo? IT'S BEEN *removed* TWO MONTHS since the update was released that rendered the phone useless and it's still useless even after two months even though it's still under warranty.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language -Daisy

Options

3 Posts

06-19-2018

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 7 of 14

2018-06-19, 4:01 AM

The speakers are not working properly. Earlier it was giving a loud volume but now it's so low that one can't hear any song without using earphone. After activating Dolby Atmos there is not much difference.

Options

157 Posts

11-16-2017

India

450 Signins

2942 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2018-06-24, 11:25 AM

Admins are quick to edit profanity in the posts but won't bother to reply to the problem. Just tell us if there will be any more update or not! At least fix the 3gp videos problem! Seriously, how can you guys just get away after making our phones useless?

Options

66 Posts

06-10-2015

India

395 Signins

2010 Page Views

• Views: 2010
  • Message 9 of 14

2018-06-24, 11:35 AM
Just quitting this company, will never buy lenovo products and will not suggest lenovo products to other
Options

157 Posts

11-16-2017

India

450 Signins

2942 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2018-07-03, 5:51 AM

ENOUGH! I AM CONTACTING THE CONSUMER COURT NOW!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)