Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-10-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad S340 14IWL takes long boot time after new update.

2020-06-10, 9:20 AM

Hello,

I have recently updated the BIOS on my ideapad S340-14IWL and noticed that after the upgrade, the boot time for my device is longer than usual and takes almost about 10 to get my device to work smoothly. Here are the details of the update in the picture. Please do let me know if others are also facing the same issue and tell me how I can fix it. 

Answer
Options

2074 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

226 Signins

10646 Page Views

• Views: 10646

Re:Ideapad S340 14IWL takes long boot time after new update.

2020-06-10, 12:04 PM

@ dlokwani wrote:

Hello,

I have recently updated the BIOS on my ideapad S340-14IWL and noticed that after the upgrade, the boot time for my device is longer than usual and takes almost about 10 to get my device to work smoothly. Here are the details of the update in the picture. Please do let me know if others are also facing the same issue and tell me how I can fix it. 

Hi there dlokwani

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The BIOS update might have inadvertently disabled "Fast Startup" in your BIOS settings. I would suggest booting into BIOS and seeing if this is the case.

You can do this by clicking the small button on either side of the device when the device is turned off, usually reachable by an unfolded paper clip or similar.

The S340-14IWL BIOS also has a "Backflash" option, so if the above suggestion does not work, then I would suggest trying to set this to "Enabled" in the "Configuration" tab.

Hope this helps.

Voithos.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

2074 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

226 Signins

10646 Page Views

• Views: 10646
  • Message 2 of 3

2020-06-10, 12:04 PM

@ dlokwani wrote:

Hello,

Hi there dlokwani

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The BIOS update might have inadvertently disabled "Fast Startup" in your BIOS settings. I would suggest booting into BIOS and seeing if this is the case.

You can do this by clicking the small button on either side of the device when the device is turned off, usually reachable by an unfolded paper clip or similar.

The S340-14IWL BIOS also has a "Backflash" option, so if the above suggestion does not work, then I would suggest trying to set this to "Enabled" in the "Configuration" tab.

Hope this helps.

Voithos.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

06-10-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 3

2020-06-11, 15:39 PM
Hello Voithos, I did what you told and also ran a full antivirus scan and restarted the laptop. It's perfectly fine now. Thank you so much for your help 🙂
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms