Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 197
Message 1 of 4

Borderlands 3: Epic Store Exclusive?

borderlands_keyart-fd0f.jpg

There has been a lot of buzz recently around with the EPIC store, and how it has cornered the market with some AAA Exclusives. The latest one Borderlands 3, what do you guys think of this? How do you see the future of the Epic store? Does Steam stand a chance?

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Highlighted
Jcandres
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 2 of 4

Re: Borderlands 3: Epic Store Exclusive?

Hey Miguel,

I think at least for me, it's important that the developer gets paid.  I think the 70/30 vs 88/12 split is pretty significant.  I'm not a fan of exclusivity on any one console, but I think different platforms on a PC is not a dealbreaker.  So if buying games on the Epic store helps to keep that studio funded, then that's what I'm going to do.  I think if Steam was smart they would either counter what Epic is offering, or offer some other incentive.  I also think that some consumers get frustrated by the Epic store exclusivity but it's still on the PC.  

Thanks,

Josh

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 130
Message 3 of 4

I hear ya, I find it annoying to have to install 3-4 launchers to have all of my games, but thinking about it that is my current situation with consoles. I either play on PS4, Switch, Xbox or PC.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Lenovo Employee LaCroix
Lenovo Employee
Views: 113
Message 4 of 4

Just to let everyone know, you can pre-order it through our Legion Gamestore: https://gamestore.lenovo.com/search?query=%22borderlands%203%22&channel=games_lenovo&sid=R6sepcI2QKd...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors