Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionLegion Game Hub
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-27-2021

Sweden

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Left speaker not working suddenly [Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop - Type 82JQ]

2021-09-27, 2:02 AM

Hey there. So I very recently bought myself a Legion 5 Pro and been very happy with it. During this first week of me owning it, I've run it on Linux, most specifically Manjaro Linux on the latest kernel available (5.15) and beyond some minor things its been a good experience. So now, tonight I was watching content on Twitch.tv and suddenly I lost all audio from the left speaker. I double checked my balances in alsa-mixer and KMixer (as I'm running Manjaro with KDE), and that didn't lead to anywhere. I restarted the computer and same issue, I was getting worried and changed to the 5.13 kernel instead but no improvement. I booted my Manjaro live-usb, same issue, I booted an older ubuntu live-usb same issue. 

I don't think its a driver issue because the balance doesn't seem to do anything, not even for the right speaker that is still working - its outputting both left and right in a very weird way. As an example; 

I try using the directional speaker test in KDE, and if I press the left one I hear nothing but as soon as I press the right one I hear the "Left Speaker" voice line on the right speaker. Has anyone had similar issues, and if its a hardware problem how should I go forward with it?

Thank you for your time, 

Sax/Rickard.

Options

5482 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

33565 Page Views

• Views: 33565
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Left speaker not working suddenly [Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop - Type 82JQ]

2021-09-27, 13:15 PM

Hello @Sax850 ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Since the machine is mainly running Linux I would suggest trying our Linux community.

I'll have this thread moved so our Linux experts can help out.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

09-27-2021

Sweden

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-09-27, 13:41 PM
Thank you. I do want to report I've reinstalled Windows 10 to give it a try, and the issue persists there.
Options

5482 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

33565 Page Views

• Views: 33565
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-09-28, 12:36 PM

Hello @Sax850 ,

Thanks for the update.

Since this is a reinstall of Windows it might be possible that you already have the latest audio drivers installed.

If that is the case there is a chance that the speaker has hardware issues that may have caused the problem.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms