Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesLegion Phone Duel
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 131 of 244

Re:Lenovo Legion Pro (No Notifications)

2021-06-15, 20:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

So sorry to keep you waiting. I just got an update from the team. First, the alarm issues had been addressed but as for having no notification, we're still trying to find the root cause of it. It looks like we're going to have an update with the improvements addressing this. However, here are things you can try in the meantime,

1. Open the Recent apps screen. (Use Navigation keys or Swipe up from the bottom of your screen and hold).
  2. Press the app in the Recent apps screen and push down until the lock icon is highlight. Then loose your finger to check the lock icon is showing.
  3. Make sure there is a lock icon on the top right corner of WhatsApp/Gmail/or other apps which cant get notifications.
  4. Then this app would always run in the background.
  5. One more important thing: Please do NOT long press the X icon at the bottom of your Recent apps screen, otherwise your lock apps will also be cleared and cant get notifications again.

Please let me know if you can follow the steps correctly. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

18 Posts

12-25-2020

Romania

32 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 132 of 244

2021-06-15, 21:02 PM

all my apps have a lock screen, still, they are killed somehow by the Autostart Manager, I have recorded my screen

Options

93 Posts

03-11-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

50 Signins

400 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 400
  • Message 133 of 244

2021-06-15, 21:04 PM

That doesn't actually work reliably. I've found that after I reboot the phone I'll get Gmail notifications for a while, then they stop, even if the app is locked in the task manager.

Gmail is the main problem for me - I get notifications for other "locked" apps, but not Gmail.

This is clearly a software fault.

Options

4 Posts

06-11-2021

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 134 of 244

2021-06-16, 15:44 PM

Hey Rich,

Where are the instructions for the alarm fix?

Thanks,

Ollie

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 135 of 244

2021-06-16, 18:34 PM

Hi,

Thanks for trying. I will report it back. As for the alarm, there's no instruction about that. Are you guys still having an issue with the alarm?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

28 Posts

05-10-2021

South Africa

21 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 136 of 244

2021-06-17, 6:44 AM

yes

Options

93 Posts

03-11-2021

50 Signins

400 Page Views

• Views: 400
  • Message 137 of 244

2021-06-17, 8:16 AM

Of course they're having troubles with the clock. This issue is system-level and pervasive. How long has this been going on for now ? A couple of months ?

Options

28 Posts

05-10-2021

South Africa

21 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 138 of 244

2021-06-17, 8:22 AM

First case was Nov 5th 2020

recently their next model phone also caught the notification issue
So for over 200 days they've been "working on it"

Options

15 Posts

06-02-2021

27 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 139 of 244

2021-06-17, 12:02 PM

@Agent_Rich ,

Richard, this has been and is the most frustrating thing ever, I am constantly loosing messages emails alarms and so on, 

The most infuriating thing about this is the lack of urgency to resolve this by yourself and your team, 

How can we get this escalated???

You have been provided debugs, you've had an engineer providing logs and pointers,you've had people uploading YouTube videos to show. What else do you need, 

I reckon we should start mass returning this expensive faulty devices 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 140 of 244

2021-06-17, 20:25 PM

I understand everyone's frustration and I do also feel the same way. I've been with you since we've started receiving this report so I know what we've been through and I appreciate all of you keeping up with me and being patient with this. We're seeing progress now as this has been escalated to several people from my team and from Lenovo side. Engineers are finding the root cause of the notification issue. Right now we just have to wait an update from the team. As for the alarms, can you please try clearing cache/data on the clock app (Settings > Apps & notification > see all apps > Alarm). See if that gets alarms working again. Also reset app preferences again to see if that helps. Otherwise, send me another bug report, just for the alarm issue. 

To capture Bug Report:
1.Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build number 7 times > enter PIN/Password
2.Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3.Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4.Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5.Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6.Once the report is completed you will have another notification that says Bug report #x captured Tap to share your bug report. a. Tap on the notification > OK > Save to drive > if prompted Allow > Save
7.Once the report is uploaded to drive you will have a notification from Drive that says 1 file uploaded. a. Tap on the notification > Tap on 3 dots to the right of the bug report file you just uploaded > Tap on share > Tap on lock on bottom left > Change > Viewer > Change again > Copy link

Please send me the bug report via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms