Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)

300s-08IHH Desktop Not Recognizing SD Card

I can't seem to get my SD card to read at all on my 300s-08IHH Desktop. I've tried the following:

1. Cleaning SD card/SD card port

2. Inserting a different SD card to see if it will read.

3. Checking to make sure the SD card itself is not locked.

4. Installing/updating drivers.

5. Hardware/device troubleshooting.

I had the same problem when I bought the computer with getting the USB and CD drive to show up. I don't remember what setting I changed, but both of these are now working. It seems as though my computer defaulted to not recognizing any device connected to it - extremely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: 300s-08IHH Desktop Not Recognizing SD Card

I am going to guess that this MS document is what you need.    This document was from Windows 7, but the same registry keys exist in Windows 10 too.    

Make sure to backup the sections of the registry you are going to change before making any changes.   To back them up, just right click on the part in bold, select Export, and then save the resulting <give it a name>.reg file someplace safe.  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{a0a588a4-c46f-4b37-b7ea-c82fe89870c6}    Should you need to reset the saved setting, just double click on the saved .reg file to re-import the settings.

Integrated SD card reader not recognizing memory card

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/integrated-sd-card-reader-not-r...

Good Luck,

Top kudoed Authors