09-18-2016

US

41 Signins

313 Page Views

• Views: 313
  • Message 1 of 3

AIO 700-27SIH: Event 17, WHEA-Logger error since very first day

2016-09-18, 21:10 PM

I recieved my new AIO 700-27ISH All-in-One (ideacentre) the first week of August and have been having this warning in the event log every day since new.   I am wondering if anyone else has been getting similar?

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus: Device: Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5
Vendor ID: Device ID: 0x8086:0xA115
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Drivers are all up to date per the Lenovo support site and hardware scans are all clean except on the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter it shows a 'warning' for the Local Connection Test.  (no other details).

Options

5 Posts

10-07-2016

US

14 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Event 17, WHEA-Logger error since very first day

2016-12-08, 6:48 AM

I have the same machine (with the 27" UHD display) and have had the same problem from the moment I took it out of the box yesterday. I did the hardware diagnostics which are clean, and checked and updated all the drivers both using Lenovo's site as well as windows update. No dice -- the problem does not go away.

The issue here is in the Qualcomm QCA9377 WiFi driver. If you disable this QCA WiFi device in Device Manager (and only if you do this), the errors/warnings will stop. Obviously  you cannot do this unless you want to give up on WiFi altogether -- my computer did not have WiFi set up since I had a wired connection, but you need to actually disable wifi to stop these errors.

I called Lenovo's support line on this and they are worse than useless, even when I escalated this. I was told that they cannot handle errors like this in technical support, nor do they have a way to refer this to their engineering staff. I was also told that they have a software support line but that they can help only on a fee for service basis. They actually suggested I post on the forums and that the engineering staff may look at these forums and do something if enough of us object. How ironic is it that Lenovo puts together such a nice machine and it effectively does NOT work out of the box perfectly as it should and that a customer needs to PAY to troubleshoot this or do it himself! And that too for their top-of-the-line AIO machine.

I am posting here in the hope that someone clued in at Lenovo will actually respond to these posts that raise legitimate issues -- heck, not working perfectly right out of the box IS an issue. I purchased this machine in large part because Lenovo's Thinkstation engineers in NC appear to be excellent and I own now a few Thinkstations thanks to their informed answers to queries. I really hope their expertise carries over to this product line too.

Nandu

Options

1 Posts

03-13-2017

ID

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Event 17, WHEA-Logger error since very first day

2017-03-13, 1:45 AM

Hi,

I got the same issue before.  Seems like the qualcomm didn't play nice with L1 Pci link state. The workaround is to disable Pci link state power saving in Windows power profile.  Set the Pci Link State to Off. If you don't see the option, you need to enable it using registry flag. 

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/50769-power-options-add-remove-link-state-power-management.html

Hope this help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete