Options

5 Posts

09-18-2014

United States

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 2

Horizon2 Bluetooth mouse randomly locks up for minutes at a time.

2014-10-04, 8:00 AM

The only solution is to re-pair the mouse (any bluetooth mouse, ive tried 3 and they all lock up) or reboot the computer, which is really bothersom when it locks up in the middle of something important and the only way to get out is use the touchscreen...

i have read the other issues from 2-4 years ago on other machines. 
Those solutions did not work for me.

Please advise.

Options

5 Posts

09-18-2014

United States

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Horizon2 Bluetooth mouse randomly locks up for minutes at a time.

2014-10-08, 6:50 AM

I have used 4 different bluetooth mice in trying to get around this, and i am 99.99% certain that the bluetooth hardware is junk.

The cursor stops moving completely. The buttons stop working completely.

Randomly, and for no reason, whatever paired mouse i have will abruptly, and without warning, disconnect itself from the Lenovo Horizon 2 - 27" that i just purchased, yet the bluetooth software still says it is connected.

The ONLY recourse i have, is to use the touch-screen to exit out of whatever i am doing, open up the bluetooth hardware interface from PC settings and un-pair/re-pair whatever mouse i am using.

I only have a single mouse paired at any single time, i have used several sets of brand-new batteries from different manufactures and containers.

Immediately before the mouse unpairs after the process is initiated, approximately 65% of the time, the cursor will bounce around the screen as if it were "catching up" and dumping whatever movements were "stored" by the computer before unpairing completely.

I have tested this several times by moving my mouse diagonally in a single random direction repeatedly immediately after the cursor stops moving. The apaprent "catching up" actually IS "catching up" as the random movements mimic whatever motions i made with the mouse immediately after it stops functioning, untill i forcefully un-pair it from the machine.

I need help with this, because having to un-pair/re-pair my mouse every hour or two or three is getting to be extremely frustrating.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms