Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 8 (1,997 Views)

Ideacentre 700 - Result Code: WMB01A008-WL7A8I Hardware Scan USB Test failed

[ Edited ]

During a hardware scan, the USB test Failed. I got a result code: WMB01A008-WL7A8I.

Why did my computer fail the USB test? and how can I fix this probem??

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 8 (1,954 Views)

Re: Result Code: WMB01A008-WL7A8I Hardware Scan USB Test failed

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

What Lenovo model you have? 

Secondly, when the USB test was performed did you have a USB flash drive inserted into a USB port?  The test may have failed if there was no USB device to test. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 8 (1,951 Views)

I have ideacentre 700 Series and I did not have anything in the USB port when I did the hardware scan.

Community Moderator
Message 4 of 8 (1,944 Views)

If you have a USB flash drive try plugging it in and then run the test again.  I'm just curious if the test failed because there was no USB device present in a port to test the functionality of that port.

Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 8 (1,935 Views)

I plugged in a flash drive and ran the test again and nothing changed. The USB test still failed. :/

Community Moderator
Message 6 of 8 (1,920 Views)

Check to see if you are using the latest version of the Lenovo Solution Center.  The latest version is 3.3.002 and can be downloaded by clicking here.  If you need to upgrade the Lenovo Solution Center then try running the test again after the newest version is installed and the computer has been rebooted.  Some earlier versions of the Solution Center would produce false positive results with some hardware. 

If you still have that error with version 3.3.002 then I would recommend that you contact Lenovo Support for additional assistance.  They can best determine by the result code what the nature of the error is. 

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8 (528 Views)

Lenovo support was useless.  They insisted it was a false positive with the Solution Center, and I should run the Lenovo Companion Test - that would be more accurate.  Guess what - the Companion gave to same failure error of USB.  They are refusing to do a warranty repair on an identified Hardware Issue - identified by two separate software scans - their own software!!

This is a hardware failure of a motherboard component, and I am thinking the software is predictive of failure.  It shouldn't matter that the USB port are working at this exact moment - and if their software is so flawed that this problem has been cropping up for at least 6 months - they should fix the software!

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8 (333 Views)

Very similar problem here, was barely 2 weeks out of warranty and I am getting this same predictive USB failure with the latest diagnostics software . pretty much too bad so sad from support.
Top kudoed Authors