06-27-2016

US

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideacentre A530 freezing/crashing problem

2016-06-27, 16:38 PM

I have an A530 IdeaCentre Lenovo and it keeps freezing/crashing. Sometimes won't even load up from being turned on. Wondering if it's hardware or software or virus related?

Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Views: 40110
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideacentre A530 freezing/crashing problem

2016-07-03, 3:44 AM

It depends on the specifications of your machine and what you're trying to do on it. High intensive work on a low powered chip might over burden the device causing freezes and crashes. 

However, there is a high chance of a virus. I'd suggest restoring the machine to a previous state. To do this, type "Reset" into Windows Search. Then when prompted, choose the option to keep your documents and files. Note that this might uninstall some recently installed programs. 

Let me know how it goes :)

Best,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelinesbefore posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save