02-05-2017

US

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One died today

2017-02-06, 3:02 AM

16 month old Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One - Type F0AU00CLUS powered off abruptly whilst in use today and refuses to power on. No activity except a light in the power switch. I've tried unplugging, waiting, holding the power button whilst unplugged, holding the power button whilst plugged in. The machine refuses to power on, it won't POST, there is no "beep", there are no fan noises and no hard drive spinning up. 

Of course it's about 16months old and out of warranty. This computer has been lightly used as a family PC with only an hour per day on it at most. No heavy duty applications, no over heating/over-clocking. Completely disappointed that it would die like this. I've built PCs from parts before so if there are any diagnostics or known issues with easy fixes I'd be fine to try those out. 

What are my options and what kind of support should I expect from Lenovo? 

Options

153 Posts

11-28-2016

GB

188 Signins

1883 Page Views

• Views: 1883
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One died today

2017-02-07, 11:33 AM

wrote:

16 month old Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One - Type F0AU00CLUS powered off abruptly whilst in use today and refuses to power on. No activity except a light in the power switch. I've tried unplugging, waiting, holding the power button whilst unplugged, holding the power button whilst plugged in. The machine refuses to power on, it won't POST, there is no "beep", there are no fan noises and no hard drive spinning up. 

Of course it's about 16months old and out of warranty. This computer has been lightly used as a family PC with only an hour per day on it at most. No heavy duty applications, no over heating/over-clocking. Completely disappointed that it would die like this. I've built PCs from parts before so if there are any diagnostics or known issues with easy fixes I'd be fine to try those out. 

What are my options and what kind of support should I expect from Lenovo? 

Hi deadLenovo,

Welcome to the Forum.

Lenovo should be able to offer you a repair chargeable service. Each country  has different conditions for Out of wararnty services so I would recommend you to contac them in order to know  how to proceed and if you can get an estimate quote before sending it. 

Regards.

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2017

US

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One died today

2017-02-19, 20:11 PM

Sounds like a bad power supply. If you are somewhat technical get a meter and test the output voltage on the motherboard side. Probably lots of videos on youtube on how to test the power supply. If the voltage is not correct then you should be able to order the part from lenovo or find parts on ebay. Also check you power strip and the wall outlet is functioning correctly.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save