Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-16-2012

UAE

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 6

No Bluetooth driver for Win8pro because of that i can update windows 8

2012-11-16, 11:23 AM

Hi There

I bought recently a Ideacentre B520 on win 7 , 1 week ago i upgraded to win8 pro , everything is working perfectly with the exception of not being able to upgrade my win8 , it dont work at al, windows upadate downloads the updates but it dont instal i found  the reason is a conflict on the bluetooth driver, lenovo dont have the driver for win 8 and therefore i got an error on the device manger saying "unknow device" .

There is any way to disable thew bluetooth until lenovo releases a driver?

I think that way i can upadate my windows.

thanks in advance .

Options

374 Posts

02-25-2010

Salem OR

6135 Signins

8715 Page Views

• Views: 8715
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: No Bluetooth driver for Win8pro because of that i can update windows 8

2012-11-16, 20:19 PM
I have a B320 and when updating to 8 got a message that bluetooth was not compatible but when it finished the bluetooth mouse/keyboard work so I'd guess MS put in something generic. I was going to suggest device manager but I looked on mine and don't find anything listed for blue tooth.

You might look in control panel/system/device manager and see if there is something labeled bluetooth - uninstall it and allow the system to look online for new driver. It should stick with the set up you have it it doesn't find a new one.

Lenovo needs to get ahead of this business instead of being behind though not all companies are doing the ahead game.

Bought a usb/hdmi adapter and it won't work with 8 either form iogear???

I've also read that there is some sort of bluetooth interface though I have not seen it or found it on my system.
Options

6 Posts

11-16-2012

UAE

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 6

Re: No Bluetooth driver for Win8pro because of that I can update windows 8

2012-11-17, 11:51 AM

Hi

Ye , it is a big problem, I had a technician from Microsoft on remote assistance for 7 hours and he couldn't do nothing.

It is the Bluetooth causing all this problems.

I can not use windows update.

And because of that I can not install Tunes and other programs that require flash.

The flash will not install !!!!

I just spent a lot of money on this Lenovo b520 and now I either have to wait for a Bluetooth drive for win 8 from Lenovo and then install all the required updates from win 8 or downgrade to win 7 again.

It is stupid from lenovo selling a touch screen 23 inch ldesktop and not having the drives for win 8.

Options

374 Posts

02-25-2010

Salem OR

6135 Signins

8715 Page Views

• Views: 8715
  • Message 4 of 6

2012-11-17, 13:09 PM

B320 touchscreen is not compatible with windows 8 if you can believe it.  It functions but the gestures don't work and MS says it is not compatible.  Development must have been asleep or the company just doesn't care the troubles they cause their customers.  Can't feature putting out a computer in March (when mine was built) knowing it will not be compatible with a system coming in a few months. 

Options

6 Posts

11-04-2012

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 5 of 6

2012-12-11, 6:35 AM

I disabled the Broadcom Bluetooth software that came with the Lenovo and let the keyboard and mouse connect with the native Bluetooth that is included in Windows 8.  I did this by pushing the Bluetooth connect button that is on the back of the machine.  Now Bluetooth functionality comes on immediately after I turn on the machine.  For a while the Broadcom splash screen that says that mouse and keyboard are not connected continued to show up, but I got rid of that Message too.

Options

1 Posts

12-24-2012

South Africa

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 6 of 6

2012-12-24, 7:40 AM

@Kingsbridge Does the USB support 3.0 or have you been downgraded to 2.0?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms