Options

1 Posts

11-16-2017

CA

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Unable to reinstall windows 7 home prem? Windows glitch?

2017-11-16, 21:25 PM

So I recently bought a Lenovo desktop that came with windows 7 pre-installed - I guess I havn't logged on this computer for a couple of months so it was kind of a surprise for me when i turned it on 2 days ago and it all of a sudden said " This copy of windows is not genuine " ? I've only had the thing for 5-6 months... Did the windows 7 home prem already expire, or? 

It keeps asking me to "Activate windows now" since the "Activation period has expired" - It doesn't make any sense though because I never had this problem before... 

I tried contacting customer support but there's no phone number anywhere... apparently you have to download a program which finds your serial number for you then you can call, but the program won't download for me - it just says " Failed " 

- Does anyone know the customer support phone number? Or 
Does anyone know how to reinstall windows on a "Pre-installed system" ? 

Thanks

Options

9674 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6737 Signins

727523 Page Views

• Views: 727523
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to reinstall windows 7 home prem? Windows glitch?

2017-11-17, 17:21 PM

Hi Lenovo1123,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

OEM activation should do it automatically without any need of typing the product key code.

You can try checking for updates and restart once done and check if that would allow auto update to work.

Else you can try following manual phone activation using cmd slui 4 as directed here.

Similar software may get you unconfirmed key like ShowKey plus so checking for the COE Microsoft sticker can also be an alternate option.

OEM product keys are expected to automatically activate not unless it may have been compromised so you can call in technical support also for assistance.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save