Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 3 (320 Views)

adding SSD to Lenovo C560 without removing HDD

Hello,

Is it possible to add an SSD to Lenovo C560 all-in-one while keeping the original HDD?

I would like to migrate Windows 10 to an SSD and keep the HDD inside for data storage. I wonder if there is enough space inside for an additional disk and if the computer would run properly with both disks inside, or perhaps more changes to the hardware are required to have this accomplished.

Has anyone tried this?

Highlighted
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: adding SSD to Lenovo C560 without removing HDD

Unfortunately here is only one location for a drive inside your C560, so you will not be able to have both drives installed internally, but you you could install the SSD internally as your main drive, and then put your existing hard drive in an external USB connected 2.5" HD drive enclosure, which would also be useful if you plan on cloning the existing drive. 

Depending on the SSD, you may have to obtain an adapter to make the SSD fit properly, but you can buy SSD's in a kit form that include the adapter and cloning software etc. 

Good luck,

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 3 (285 Views)

Re: adding SSD to Lenovo C560 without removing HDD

[ Edited ]

Hi JD,

Thank you for your answer. It spared me one visit to a computer shop for checking whether two drives would fit.

Regards,

Aleksander

Mod's Edit: Moved "Solution" to previous post as it provided the answer.

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count