Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Using the HDMI-In port of the A300

One of the key features of the Ideacentre A300 [57115581] is the HDMI-In / HDMI-Out ports.

First I tried the HDMI-Out port; it worked perfectly - both picture and multi-channel digital audio.

Now I am attempting to use the display in 'TV' mode by selecting the 'HDMI-In' setting on the touch-sensitive display button. PC is not switched On. Connecting an external HDMI DVD player with HDMI cable connected to the HDMI-In port on the A300. But can't get anything on the display; A300 display shows 'No Signal'! 

What am I doing wrong? How should the HDMI-In port be used?

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: Using the HDMI-In port of the A300

no its alright...when ever u connect it to an hdmi output...its works like that
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Hey tell me...what are your views regarding the clarity when u are watching Television on your desktop...does it display good picture
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Am still to use the onboard hybrid TV tuner. I have an analog cable service - will post as soon as I have set it up thru the Media Centre. Must check if I can record analog TV programs?

By the way, the box also had the special 9 inch TV signal converter cable, with the gold-plated mini F-connector at one end and a standard female F-connector at the other. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

The HDMI-output works fine. But my problem is with using the HDMI-input. Do I need to configure the A300 HDMI-in, to use the Full-HD display as an offline TV/Monitor?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

I am happy to report that my HDMI-in problem on the IdeaCentre A300 has been resolved.

Solution: Replaced the suspect HDMI cable!

Can use the A300 HD display panel as an offline monitor in TV-mode, by connecting my HT receiver [Onkyo TX-SR606] thru HDMI-in port, without booting-up the system. Exactly what I wanted! Will now focus on the built-in TV tuner.
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

I had touched the ON/OFF LCD and PC/HDMI-IN "button" on the far right bottom edge of my A300 monitor before the computer has time to fully boot up. It follows that the screen didn't lit up and when I touched the same button again, it flashed a sign of "no signal" but it was stil not on. How can I turn the LCD screen back on again. I cannot key in my password to run my computer too, as the screen was totally dark. Thanks for any help.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi FB, hope your problem was automatically resolved when you rebooted the A300? The display should hv come On in PC mode. Else you can gently touch the same right-most feather-touch sensor (button), on the bottom-right edge of the LCD panel, and keep touching it with your finger tip for 2 secs; the display status will appear on the screen and you will see the current mode highlighted. Again v gently tap the sensor to toggle the display mode thru the other settings -> PC / HDMI-in / LCD-off

PC mode will take you to the regular Windows display; HDMI-in will show you a display if any video source is connected via an HDMI cable to the system's HDMI-in port; and LCD-off will turn-off the LCD panel. HDMI-in can even be viewed without booting-up the system (just keep the input power adapter switched On).

'No Signal' will flash on the screen when (a) display is in PC mode and the system hasn't booted-up; or (b) display is in HDMI-in mode and no video source is connected thru the HDMI-in port.

I hope this helps.