05-13-2011

UK

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

A310 Windows XP

2011-05-13, 9:28 AM

I have installed Windows XP on a new Ideacentre A310 by selecting IDE mode for the hard drive in the BIOS first. There are obviously complicated ways to load the SATA driver at the time of install, but I don't fancy doing it again and don't know if I would understand any of the instructions and if any will work on this model. The machine is running slowly I think and so would like to use the AHCI setting but would need a driver I can install into Windows XP now and then change the BIOS and reboot. Is this likely? Is it really running slowly because of the IDE mode or could it be something else?

Also there are a couple of devices - multimedia and audio controller - that have failed to find drivers amongst the package from the Lenovo website but I don't know what they are so have disabled them for now.

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: A310 Windows XP

2011-05-18, 6:29 AM
hey georgecooke,

I would recommend doing an update of your chipset.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=958447

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete