08-11-2020

AU

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

A540 freezing & randomly turning off

2020-08-11, 6:07 AM

i've had this p.c for about 6 weeks and from the 1st week it just will randomly turn off, then the power button won't turn it back on, i have to unplug the power cord and plug it back it to get it to turn back on, then other times when the computer goes into sleep mode it just locks up, the keyboard or mouse won't turn the screen back on, the power button doesn't work, the only way you can get the computer to work is by again unplugging the power cord and replugging it in from the back of the computer......

i've twice spoken to lenovo tech support who gave me the usual rubbish, update drivers etc etc, then changed the bios settings which has done nothing to fix it 

this is literally the worst p.c i've ever owned, it literally changes the theme colours by itself when the p.c goes into sleep also 

has anyone had anything like this happen before & know how i could possibly go about fixing it?

Options

11 Posts

08-11-2020

US

9 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:A540 freezing & randomly turning off

2020-08-12, 16:08 PM

It may not be related, but just because I know there is a known power related issue with this model, have you looked into the "click of death"? There is a defect in the SATA power cable that causes it to short out and will often make a click noise through the speakers before turning off. The cable can be replaced via purchase or by making your own with the right adapter and some soldering. I am trying to do so right now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete